Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Press for making Kydex toys

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Press for making Kydex toys

Waiting on foam....and a ratchet wrench for the bolts....

The pedal lifts it up about 5" and allows it to swing out of the way.....

The nuts will tighten down and have about 3" of possible compression.

I built this for the Mrs about 10 yrs ago....for a flower press....but I think it will work until I build one for myself.

I have an oven that only one stove top burner that works....the the oven works fine.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

You may wanna build a stop of some sort to limit downward compression on a gun. I'd be willing to bet that press could crush a Glock. My press gives a little even at its tightest compression allowing for no damage of the firearm. If you can't get good definition with that press, just give up. Lol

Oh, and if you press a polymer gun, put an empty mag in it for extra strength.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    You may wanna build a stop of some sort to limit downward compression on a gun. I'd be willing to bet that press could crush a Glock. My press gives a little even at its tightest compression allowing for no damage of the firearm. If you can't get good definition with that press, just give up. Lol

Oh, and if you press a polymer gun, put an empty mag in it for extra strength.
    Yup....I plan on cutting some stops........knives for now though.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post

I built this for the Mrs about 10 yrs ago....for a flower press....but I think it will work until I build one for myself...
    Holy Crap!! you guys must have some tough assed flowers out there!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Another piece to the puzzle...

- - - Updated - - -

AK....What are you heating with?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post

Another piece to the puzzle...

- - - Updated - - -

AK....What are you heating with?

El cheapo black and decker toaster oven, wife kicked me out of the kitchen when I used the regular oven. And, the ir thermometer is a good buy, a toaster oven's temp setting has NOTHING to do with actual temperature. I'm getting a sweet oster brand convection oven pretty soon so I can do more multi-layer holsters, and larger blanks faster. I press most of my kydex at 315-325* lots of foam sticks at 345*+ so in the interest of more foam life, I press slightly cooler. Phillyedc on YouTube has some of the best DIY tutorials I've ever seen, I watch them for reminders on occasion too.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Another piece of the puzzle....

Also got a heat gun.....and dug out my scroll saw.

First project.....

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    nice!!! i am liking it.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy