Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Affordable BOV solar power options

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Metrocruiser View Post
    I am thinking to build a EMP resistant 79 Bronco, I think I may build a matching 79 F350 p/u bed trailer to match. I just read these threads and I hope it helps you.
    Should I start my own thread?

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ler-build.html
    http://sweptline.com/blog/2009/01/20...-pickup-truck/
    Go for it! That way everything won't get mixed up here with the Jeep thread. Yes 79 Bronco, great project. Let's get started, you own it yet? Where's it at........ let me at!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Goal Zero has some nice Solar Panel kits. I am ordering the Escape 150 Explorer Kit here in a week or two to review.

Affordable BOV solar power options

Alright let me know how it is

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I have a 65 Mustang that I parked in Chattanooga , TN when I moved to IL in 1989. It was drivable when i parked it, but I'm sure it isn't now. My dream for it is to take out the 289 V8, and anything else not needed, and convert it to electric motor. Don't know what kind of batteries will be available at that time, but I wanted to install a strip of thin film polycrystalline solar panels down the center of the hood, roof, and trunk. I know it won't really charge much, but it wanted it to look like the racing stripes of the day.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

What makes you think it won't run?

Change the fluids, put a new battery in it, make sure the exhaust isn't plugged with anything, and fire that sonofabitch up!

Why electric? Drag car?

I was in the process of starting a small solar hot water and solar electric business a few years ago, but neck surgery killed that idea. I thought it would be a good advertising tool, plus, gasoline will be going up and up. I like the thought of having an electric vehicle.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I see now. I agree that it would definitely be a head turner. I really like the idea of a solar panel racing stripe.

The motorhead in me screams "Mustang's should be loud" but an all electric one would certainly be just as fast and roast tires just as well. Gotta love the instant torque from an electric motor. I would think a CVT would be required to smoothly apply power to the ground, but I really don't know. Most of my experience as a gearhead is with combustion.

When you start this project, please document it. It would be one of the baddest ass and most unique stangs ever.

I like them to be a head turner, but a discrete head turner. I wish I could take the credit, but I saw someone turn an old 60s something firebird into an electric for some CA big shot on TV a few years ago. They didn't put the solar on though, that was my idea. When they delivered the car, I think they had about 8-10 batteries in the trunk, and about the same under the hood, and with 4 people in the car, they left a long tire trail.
    I left it sitting under a tree in my sisters yard (along with a bunch of their Junkers) almost 24 years ago to the day. The whole family has had a falling out a few yrs. ago after my father remarried, and as far as I know, she may have sold it already. Oh well, a guy can dream, but I get the last laugh...I'm the only one left in the will!