Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affordable BOV solar power options

Affordable BOV solar power options

Does anyone know of an Affordable BOV solar power options? Would like it to be vehicle mounted to save space

Bacon saver

What type are you talking about? One for charging the battery? Coleman makes one and so does harbor freight. The wife bought me a Coleman and I have nothing bad to say about it. It's a "battery tender " you can attach directly to the battery or plug into the cigarette lighter. As for mounting I just set it up in the dash board till I'm ready to drive the truck and then take it down. It's great for your less driving vehicles. I'm hoping this is what you are talking about................anyway this pumps about 22 volts DC.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I don't know if it would work. the type of system I was thinking about would hook into my dual battery's on the jeep and I would be able to keep up with charging my devices and use of led lights for long periods of time without turning the jeep on to keep the battery's charged.thanks for the info though.

Bacon saver

Sounds like you want your own power supply for your truck you might as well have a 125 solar panel attached to your truck.............ok seriously, your talking some pretty healthy watts. You done any searches?

Bacon saver

How about this one? that is if you want to mount that big panel on your roof.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/yago93.html

Bacon saver

or maybe one of these? This is one hell of a set up for charging both of your batteries all you have to do is pick one.

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/RV.html

Sweet man thanks for the research. whats going to be kinda trickery is storage on the roof and having enough room for the panels......thank again

Bacon saver

I don't know what type of vehicle you drive (BOV) you never said so I had little to go on. Give me more data and I'll see what I can do for suggestions. Looking at the RV charging systems they're pretty much made for what you're asking, you just have to figure out how much of each you want..........watts............$$$$ to spend........AAARRRRRGGGHH! More power! But hey stay within your means, be reasonable, what do your "really" need, not want. OK so what BOV are we talkin about????

I just wanta see how bad I can screw this one up!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Looks like BRR beat me to the suggestion for solar panels made for RVs. My sister had one on her motor home and it worked out well. You can install an power inverter and have 110v if you want.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Bacon saver

No need to reply on what you have for a vehicle I found your Jeep, pretty nice my wife had an 01. OK now I can trash your BOV........I'll have to stare at it for awhile to make any suggestions, you said you wanted to put a roof basket on top. Hmmmmmm?