Thread: Tom Bihn Synapse Backpack - Review

Tom Bihn Synapse Backpack - Review

Picture from Tom Bihn website.

Materials:
    1000d Cordura® nylon — or — ultralight 400d Dyneema®/420d nylon ripstop exterior
    200 denier Dyneema®/nylon ripstop fabric lining
    Dri-Lex® Aero-Spacer® mesh upper back
    400 denier nylon lower back
    Closed-cell foam back
    EVAZOTE® foam shoulder straps
    Tough Duraflex® and Nexus buckles
    YKK Aquaguard® water-repellent zippers

Specifications:
    Dimensions: 16" x 11.4" x 7.9" / 410 x 290 x 200 mm
    Weight: 1 lb 13 oz / 820 grams (Cordura®); 1 lb 8 oz / 700 grams (400d Dyneema®/420d nylon ripstop)
    Volume: 1160 cubic inches / 19 liters (ASTM Standard Measure)
    Removable 1" / 25 mm waist strap included
    .375" / 10 mm padded and contoured backpack straps with .75" / 20 mm removable sternum strap

Today I am reviewing the Tom Bihn Synapse Backpack. I've had this bag now about four or so weeks. I picked it up because I wanted something that offered more space than my 5.11 Covrt ZAP6, still "low-key" looking and something smaller than my Maxpedition Condor 2. This Synapse backpack sounded like a great bag to check out. Immediately after opening the box it was shipped in I said to myself "this is a pretty sweet bag". It has very sleek lines, lots of storage areas, and it "fits in" with regular backpackers when your out doing day-to-day stuff.

The exterior of the Synapse backpack is constructed using a lightweight but tough 1000 denier Cordura® nylon fabric and YKK Aquaguard® water-repellent zippers. I haven't submerged this bag in water but I did spray it with the hose and everything inside the bag was nice and dry.

Read more on this Tom Bihn Synapse backpack on my WEBSITE.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

Thanks
    - Scott
    Last edited by BR101; 12-08-2012 at 01:04 AM.