Thread: Ice Shanty

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Ice Shanty

So I've been looking at possibly getting back into ice fishing (haven't done it since high school) and started looking around at ice shanties and is anyone else seeing the other possibilities I am?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/spo/3433929092.html

Could be pretty lucrative for those of us in the frozen tundra regions.

For the Love of Cats

Prety sweet set up. The only thing I don't like are those wee little tires on it. with any amount of snow, there will be ruts, and that thing is going to be like dragging an anchor. If they cannot be switched out, I'd look at making a set of skis, that you could roll it on top of, and clamp down to the wheels. Then it would slide nicely on top going out on the lake, and when you're pulling it off, slide it to the blacktop, unclamp them, back the unit up, and stow the skis.

Also, always take some short 2x4's or 4x4's. it is great to have it sit CLOSE to the ice, but not ON the ice. If you freeze it down, you'll destroy it trying to remove it. put a block at each corner to sit on, and keep the floor off the ice. If it is really windy and you're getting a draft up the holes, than just pile some snow on the outside on the windward side.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.