Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rugged Phone

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    im currently sporting one of the Casio Gzone Rock ruggedized phone. for someone who normally replaces a phone every three months, I've managed to keep this one a year and a half.
    I have one of the G'zOne as well I'm not sure which one it is but I've had it for going on four years now (I think it is one of the first ones) it's been dropped, submerged in brackish water and is still working fine.

Wow I just checked Verzions Website and boy have the G'zOnes came along way... Check this one out. Casio® G'zOne Commando™
    Last edited by Evolver; 11-16-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Broken link

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Wow I just checked Verzions Website and boy have the G'zOnes came along way... Check this one out. Casio® G'zOne Commando™
    oh yeah... sister got one and dropped it in the toilet a couple of times now... things are practically indestructible...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

For the Love of Cats

^
    Guess that answers the question as to what she'll be using when the toilet paper runs out.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    oh yeah... sister got one and dropped it in the toilet a couple of times now... things are practically indestructible...
    is she making it a habit of dropping expensive electronics into the toilet?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    is she making it a habit of dropping expensive electronics into the toilet?
    Not a habit, but its happened a few times with these phones now... Kids can be a wonderful thing hint hint
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

It's getting to the point that I need to replace my Casio type S that I've had for 5 years because the inside screen is scratched up where my thumbnail hit it when flipping it open and it hard to see the screen.

I've been reading allot of the reviews on rugged phones. The newer Casio Ravine2 that came out last Nov seems to be liked.

Does any of you have one or know someone that does?
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Well I just ordered the Ravine II from Bestbuy and it should be here in 5-7 days. It was on sale for $49.00 with a 2 year extension and the same phone at Verizon was $149.00 and they don't price match. Go figure...

I'll let you all know if I like it or not.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Here is my phone that I use. I am constantly fumbling it around...

PRO-700 by Sanyo® Support

As far as the phone goes I have had no issues with it. Direct connect, I dont have enabled on this phone since I never did like it when I had to use it for a job. I simply punch numbers or speak them when I am driving to dial. It's just a phone fer me.

Damn I must be an old fart

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Had an interesting experience with it this weekend. As I mentioned in another thread, it was crazy hot here, and at one point I took my phone off plopped it on the deck with my pocket contents and went for a swim to cool off...

When I got back to the phone, it was off (odd) and wouldn't turn back on (odder). what surprised me was that it was so hot, I couldn't actually hold it. I took it inside and left it on the counter, and then forgot about it for a couple hours. When I checked it later, I had to turn it back on, and when I did, the message that came up was:

" Cooling off period. Emergency calls only"

It took another hour before it was back to normal, and everything is fine with it. I guess the deck got hot enough to fry eggs... and phones! lol
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.