Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rugged Phone

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Rugged Phone

As a Xmas gift, I purchased a rugged phone. A Sonim XP3. Lots of talk time and plenty standby time. On top of being rugged, it is also waterproof, to a certain extent, and had a small flash light.

Sonim Technologies - XP3 Tough Phone

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Humm....other than the price tag that's cool. Wonder if Verizon offers this?

Assuming this was a gift for someone else, did you get any feedback on call quality, if it dropped calls, etc?

That was a Xmas gift from myself to myself. I am using it every day. It came unbranded so I can use any Sim card I want in it. I am pretty satisfied at this time.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

im currently sporting one of the Casio Gzone Rock ruggedized phone. for someone who normally replaces a phone every three months, I've managed to keep this one a year and a half.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    im currently sporting one of the Casio Gzone Rock ruggedized phone. for someone who normally replaces a phone every three months, I've managed to keep this one a year and a half.
    I was looking for a flip phone at that time but could not find a rugged one. This is very good. I am going to try to find one here.

i love this one. it has since been replaced by another model, but it too is very similar to this one
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Humm....other than the price tag that's cool. Wonder if Verizon offers this?

Assuming this was a gift for someone else, did you get any feedback on call quality, if it dropped calls, etc?
    Stig, I believe Verizon does (or did) have a beefed up phone...with where I work, a sales person was pushing it on me. I don't remember the name or model...checked the website, its the Casio Izzy mentioned. (not in stock here)
    Last edited by LUNCHBOX; 11-06-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Verizon has the Casio Rock, Boulder, Ravine, and Commando ruggedized phones. The Commando is a ruggedized smartphone. They also have my current phone, the Motorola Barrage. All are ruggedized.

For the Love of Cats

I use the Motorola Quantico. VERY rugged and waterproof! I've tested it to 4' for 2+ hours (don't ask )

Overall, very impressed with it. I even get service where my wifes Blackberry doesn't, and where most friends phones are dropping constantly.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...Quantico-US-EN

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I use the Motorola Quantico. VERY rugged and waterproof! I've tested it to 4' for 2+ hours (don't ask )

Overall, very impressed with it. I even get service where my wifes Blackberry doesn't, and where most friends phones are dropping constantly.

Quantico Phone - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
    That's Identical to my Motorola Barrage