Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ate expired tuna. Still here. Story inside

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Ate expired tuna. Still here. Story inside

On or about the 28th Wifey discovered a box of those Tuna fish pouches on the back of a top shelf in the pantry.
    She says "Ewwww, some of these expired in June 2007 and some in May 2010, we need to throw these things out!"
    Now I says "Not so fast there my little love muffin, they are probably OK."
    "Im not eating that"
    "It'll be fine dear."
    "Just to be on the safe side, lets throw it out"
    "No, lets keep it, you never know. Maybe we can feed it to the cats or the TAST (dog) if times get really tough."
    "Whatever. Im not eating it and you are NOT feeding it to the animals!"
    "Look, the pouches are not bloated or punctured in any way. Here I will open one and eat some."
    The moment of truth arrives and the pouch is opened. Smelled fine. Tasted fine.
    "You want me to eat the whole thing to prove its OK?"
    "No, you win."
    <---my shocked face. 35 years and I can count the times she has said that on one finger.
    "We will wait a little while to see if you need to go to the ER or not...."
    I return to making a new batch of Laundry soap (another story)
    A little while later she comes up to me and says " You know what Tuna Suprise is?"
    "Yes" says I "Tuna Casserole? Right?"
    "Surprise! We are having Tuna for supper!"
    She put 2 more packs tuna from 2007 along with the one I already opened.
    Honest to gosh, I kid you not, we could not tell the difference between those packs and a new one.
    Cats like the tuna too, TAST was more interested in the noodles and the bacon on the side.
    DISCLAIMER: YMMV
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    On or about the 28th Wifey discovered a box of those Tuna fish pouches on the back of a top shelf in the pantry.
    She says "Ewwww, some of these expired in June 2007 and some in May 2010, we need to throw these things out!"
    Now I says "Not so fast there my little love muffin, they are probably OK."
    "Im not eating that"
    "It'll be fine dear."
    "Just to be on the safe side, lets throw it out"
    "No, lets keep it, you never know. Maybe we can feed it to the cats or the TAST (dog) if times get really tough."
    "Whatever. Im not eating it and you are NOT feeding it to the animals!"
    "Look, the pouches are not bloated or punctured in any way. Here I will open one and eat some."
    The moment of truth arrives and the pouch is opened. Smelled fine. Tasted fine.
    "You want me to eat the whole thing to prove its OK?"
    "No, you win."
    <---my shocked face. 35 years and I can count the times she has said that on one finger.
    "We will wait a little while to see if you need to go to the ER or not...."
    I return to making a new batch of Laundry soap (another story)
    A little while later she comes up to me and says " You know what Tuna Suprise is?"
    "Yes" says I "Tuna Casserole? Right?"
    "Surprise! We are having Tuna for supper!"
    She put 2 more packs tuna from 2007 along with the one I already opened.
    Honest to gosh, I kid you not, we could not tell the difference between those packs and a new one.
    Cats like the tuna too, TAST was more interested in the noodles and the bacon on the side.
    DISCLAIMER: YMMV
    That's good to know. In other news, I found a McDonald's French fry under my seat, it looks like the day it was fried, and has no mold etc. I can mail it to you for testing if you'd like. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Chick-fil-a fry I might try.
    McD's fry? pass!
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I was wondering how those pouches would hold up compared to cans. It sounds like they hold up well.

^^^ Agreed, and another plus, you don't have all those cans to deal with. Sure, a few cans can be useful, but if you have dozens of them......not so much.

We have a bit of a "fear factor" breakfast at our house today. Last night hubby got on a cooking kick, and he didn't want any assistance from yours truly. He made some gawd-awful brown rice, he got the seasoning-to-rice ratio all wrong, with garlic and chicken bouillon. Well, this morning he was hell bent that he was not feeding it to the chickens, that it was just fine and fit for human consumption. So he reheated it, and added about a cup of frozen blue/black/raspberries. Good lord. The ego of a man. It might just kill him yet. He said it was "good practice for when we have to live off of bland beans and rice", referring to my preps. I introduced him to my tote..... of spices, lol. He is a good man, but that ego.....men!

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    That's good to know. In other news, I found a McDonald's French fry under my seat, it looks like the day it was fried, and has no mold etc. I can mail it to you for testing if you'd like. Lol
    I learned you can do the same thing with a plain hamburger, no cheese or condiments, too. A sales rep for some home products company had one as a graphic aid. It was disturbing, to say the least.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

One more reson not to eat at mikey ds

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Chick-fil-a fry I might try.
    McD's fry? pass!
    Send it to our certified (by us) resident food tester Izzy! He'll eat what Mikey won't.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Good to know about the pouches. I was always skeptical that they would last as long as the canned stuff.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    .... Good lord. The ego of a man.... but that ego.....men!
    Hey!!! I resent that!

I'll put my spice rack up against yours any day!

What do you say... dueling lazy susans from 10 feet?

lol

At least he is trying MsOmni... give him some credit! And guidance, definately give him some guidance as well!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.