Another thing I did is take some time to go over my BOB, which has had a few changes since my review of it. I added a 5 gallon collapsible water jug to one of the sustainment pouches.

That same pouch held my MRE and the fuel canister also shown.

The opposite pouch acted as a catch-all this trip.

It also held a fuel canister, but underneath it was my MRE accessory pack, fire kit, chem light, road flare, and some batteries.

My main pack had a few changes too. I switched the MOLLE etool cover for the hardside ALICE cover, and put my mess kit next to it in another pouch. I'll be moving the mess kit to a sustainment pouch as I clean up after this trip, it wasn't as accessible there and I'm sure I could find something weightier to replace it.

The black pouch on the left is a hygiene kit, and they woodland camo pouch is a minor booboo kit. My main trauma kit replaced the pouch the mess kit is now in on the waist belt. Finally, I managed to stuff my poncho liner in a horizontal gp pouch. Soft enough and sized right for a pillow, well contained for packing, and still available as a blanket!

I'm getting a little happier with my load out. There's room for winter gear and more in the main pack now.