Thread: 18 deg. f, snow, dark, 2,100 ft ASL, atop a mountain

plenty of extra room "down his pants"

18 deg. f, snow, dark, 2,100 ft ASL, atop a mountain

Video will come later, my new eight core AMD computer from MagicMicro should be here Tuesday, Im going to wait for it to arrive before I produce the video.... I hope to have it posted by end of the week. I will follow up on this thread with the video.

18 deg f.
    2,100 ft ASL
    Atop Catawba mountain on the Appalachian Trail.

Me and the daughter take an adventure hike, and it ends up being more than we expected, but with the proper equipment we trek out without an ounce of misery!

it was not that long a hike, only 2 miles round trip.. but it took several hours. Ill get the video posted an follow up with the specifics when I do.

EB

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like a good hike. I've been on the AT up north as far as MT Rogers and Whitetop Mtn. Great terrian and scenery up that way.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Sounds like great fun, wish I could have been there.

Took my Toshiba X200 camcorder, thats the LAST time Im taking it to the field. Slow focus, piss poor night video... even with a flashlight the camcorder would NOT focus and you couldnt see squat!

I should have taken my Samsung W200 (I made the link for your, BUY ONE!) , Ill take it from now on. I normally do, dont know what wild hair got me to take the Toshiba this time, but it was a mistake. With the Samsung I would have been able to actually SHOW the trail and snow... at night, with a simple flashlight (only 100 lumens too, not anything super powerful). The W200 is a killer field camcorder. The X200 is an emergency backup camcorder and thats about all..

My new AMD 8 core 4 ghz computer (Thanks to MagicMicro) is on the UPS truck out for delivery today, so Im just waiting on it's arrival to load W7 and my video editing software to produce a bunch of stuff I have saved...

EB

Here it is, better late than never...

EB

I'll most likely shit myself

EB that looks like a nice hike. Shelter looks awesome. It's gotta be great taking your kid out for a walk. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind comments BP!

EB

Premium Member
    EB, I too thank you for sharing with us and I agree with BP, it's great that you took the time with your daughter. She will reflect back and always remember the special times spent with her Dad.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!