Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldering Electronics

Premium Member

Wish I could help. I got the tools but over the years have lost the eyes! Close in solder work is a killer these days. I have a couple HF Rigs I want to open up to xmit on all freq but the jumpers are so small and close together ...
    Good luck on the class. I need to move up to Extra class for may trip to Europe next summer.

Clarification! I'm not blind, just over the years I can't see well up close. Have to use 3X hardwae store glasses to see the fine stuff and 1.75X to see the computer or gun sights. Really not that bad I suppose.
    Last edited by alpmco; 03-26-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: clarification
    War is ugly, but to be dominated by aliens is even uglier!

Crotch Rocket

Hey al! Its good to see you! I was beginning to think you were abducted by "them".
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

No class now either
    My car still isn't right, and I get the feeling I'd burn an entire month's fuel budget to go across state for it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Well, I finally got an electric soldering iron and tried my hand at this again. I kinda-sorta got it working too. The wires in it are just way too damn thin! lol... The PTT cable is quite a bit shorter now, and I wound up needing to splice one of the wires, so the audio quality is horrible and I'm just going to replace it. I only drove on so I could pass the info along to a friend with the same setup. With the right wiring schematic and a more experienced guy working on it he should be golden.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!