Thread: Idea Solicitation: Camo Bivy Sack

Idea Solicitation: Camo Bivy Sack

Anybody made a Bivy Sack here?

My ideal was a multicam one, but the only quality one I found I can't find for sale and its a Outdoor Research one for 1K so not very friendly to the wallet.

I'm open to just buying a mil surplus woodland camo one if it's to much work.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive bought 2 of the bivy bags milsurp... Its really hard to beat the typical $40 price tag *AND* get Gortex all in one mouse click!

BTW, they work GREAT!

EB

Premium Member
    i've got woodland camo as well as a dcu colored one, they of the gore-tex family work very well, i've been in rain storms, thought i'd float away and stayed toasty dry, zippers were tuff, well made.

Do you have a robot?
    EB you are right I think the cost can't be beat. I have ordered four for the family. My wife who sews can't match the price.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    EB you are right I think the cost can't be beat. I have ordered four for the family. My wife who sews can't match the price.
    Somtimes... Its best to just not try to re-invent the wheel... Ill trust my LIFE to the GTex Bivy Bags from USGI! I could NEVER make one from scratch with the same material and quality craftsmanship that a surplus bag would cost!

Give one a test, next time it rains or snows... you will be AMAZED!

EB

Thanks. Look like I'll get a Woodland one in Surplus and maybe add some krylon to make it more universal camo wise - I live in a very ATACS/Multicam friendly enviroment, not a Woodland or DCU one.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bourneshooter View Post
    Thanks. Look like I'll get a Woodland one in Surplus and maybe add some krylon to make it more universal camo wise - I live in a very ATACS/Multicam friendly enviroment, not a Woodland or DCU one.
    I'm not sure that adding krylon to a GORETEX bivy would be such a great idea. It may totally defeat the purpose of the GORETEX's breathability
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I'm not sure that adding krylon to a GORETEX bivy would be such a great idea. It may totally defeat the purpose of the GORETEX's breathability

Applying any kind of coating to Gore Tex will screw up the breathability aspect.