Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: "TN" get together

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    Actually, it's funny you should post on here, Twitchy...I have also been thinking the last several days (fantasizing really, I need a vacation, and camping is about as close as I get!) that we should start planning the next M&G. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to go! I will most likely be alone, but that's okay.

For me, I need to drive my monsters (children) to see their father (in NC) for Spring break (March 14-23), and I thought, well, that timing would be good for me. But I would be heading east.

It wouldn't even have to be the "official" M&G, if anybody (hint-hint, ladies!) wanted to meet up, I'm game. Like I said, I really need a vacation, I prefer not to have to bring my kids (sorry, but until I actually meet ya'll face to face, I don't take chances with my kids), and camping in the Smokies sounds good to me, since I will be in that neck of the woods anyway.

Any takers?
    Pm sent
    I apologize for nothing...

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Ya'll are 5 states away from me and Texas is 3 of them. I'll have to take a week's vacation to get there.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Yeah, but it'd be worth it, Grumpy! Springtime in TN is a beautiful thing....friends, food, and fire (uh, campfire that is)! You won't want to miss it!
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Twitchy, we try to keep it in middle Tn. Theres several of us that attend that must absolutely be within an hour or so from home foremergency reasons. Central TN seems to be central for just about everyone, except our Ohio guys.
    Guess I get to make up an excuse to get to central Tennessee... always wated to vacation there anyways! hahaha. Wasn't aware of the circumstances, so I am 100% game for the next event.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Bacon saver

Most everyone that comes to this area falls in love with it and wants to transplant here. Hence our rising realestate costs. Hope you can make it!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I sure do plan on it!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Ya'll are 5 states away from me and Texas is 3 of them. I'll have to take a week's vacation to get there.
    We might not let you leave.
    I apologize for nothing...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    Yeah, but it'd be worth it, Grumpy! Springtime in TN is a beautiful thing....friends, food, and fire (uh, campfire that is)! You won't want to miss it!
    Fall is good too. I prefer it over spring.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Fall is my favorite time of year, agreed. Nothing like a crisp fall day, brilliant blue skies, the smell of the leaves, perfect working-outside weather!

But, for me at least, I am tied up this fall. My personal life is kinda hectic at the moment.
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Ill be at the next one, be it fall, spring, or winter...