Thread: BOV alternative

I'll most likely shit myself

BOV alternative

Just ran across this on another forum. I'm sure it's high dollar and not EMP proof, but it looks Bad Ass IMHO.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/slide...iablo/#slide=3

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Ive actually been looking into outfitting a truck from the ground up as a BOV. I think my base model is going to be an early 80's toyota. I keep looking and looking, but no luck lately.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

Badass!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Stormy I had 3 early to mid 80s yota. Great trucks and easy as pie to fix if something did break. My favorite was a 86 with the first year extra cab.had little to no electronics in it. And way over 30 mpg.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

That's super cool.

One of these days, I'll start working on a BOV. Right now, it's a matter finding the right vehicle, at the right price, at a time when I can afford it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Im glad Ive already got my BOV, and its my daily driver... Still some work to be done to it before it is a truly finished project. Getting ready to work on my BOT (Bug Out Trailer). Needs tires, lights wired, safety chains, etc.. Going to convert it to pintal setup.

EB

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Im glad Ive already got my BOV, and its my daily driver... Still some work to be done to it before it is a truly finished project. Getting ready to work on my BOT (Bug Out Trailer). Needs tires, lights wired, safety chains, etc.. Going to convert it to pintal setup.

EB

I have used pintal setups in the Army, but what is the advantage of them? I always thought they where horrible, because of the slop in them.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

That thing is badass. I would have started with a solid front axle truck. That bumper is going to put a ton of weight on the already stressed front end. I would definitely rock it though!

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have used pintal setups in the Army, but what is the advantage of them? I always thought they where horrible, because of the slop in them.
    Pintle hitches work better on heavier loads, that's why almost all medium duty and up trucks use them for towing. They are sloppy and noisy, but have a much wider range of movement than a ball setup, which can be useful for offroad towing and high angle approaches.

Plus they are much easier and faster to attach and detach than a ball hitch.