Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Job Skills That Could be Useful

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

IIRC Craig was a sales rep replacement for Bill after he had some kind of health issue...
    Lee and Wes were the go-to guys for info on the old APC and LB series counters
    Oh yea, how could I forget Perry. He still comes around to work on our APEX stuff (which you probably "grew")

I'll most likely shit myself

I worked with Bill the whole time I was there, he took me up for my first flight in a Cessna. I've never met Criag. I don't think I met Perry either. He may be from Canberra.
    I left there in 99 and moved to a manufacturing plant for consumer appliances. Worked there for 9 years, then they up and moved to Mexico. I got out 3 months before they moved.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 06-19-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

It is amazing to me how similar many of us are

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Can you link your site again for me please? I had it bookmarked before my computer crashed. I am desperately in need of 3 things: Training, a vacation, and integrating my fiancee in the first process.
    here's that link Big John;
    Charlie Group
    It's only a wuss caliber until I shoot you with it!

Crotch Rocket

Thank you!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Currently I'm the General Manager of a concrete block plant. I still keep my professional geologist registration and have worked on numerous dam and other engineering geology projects. As my undergrad and grad degrees are in geochemistry, I have a reasonable skill level of finding and extracting metals from ores using old methods. Probably my most useful skills come from my hobbies of fly fishing, my horses and buckskinning (pre-1840 fur trade re-enactment). I can tan leather using several methods, I've made black powder that actually works in my muzzleloaders, I have the equipment to sew leather and cloth, including a Singer treadle sewing machine, I garden, make mead and hard cider, can vegetables and meat and I'm a reasonably good hunter. My trapping skills need honing but I am already pretty good at setting small game snares. Drawbacks are I smoke and chew and (I really hate owning up to this) I'm pushing 60 real hard; I've had a number of broken bones from the horses over the years, and my eyesight is not what it once was. In a tribal situation I'd probably be one of the elders passing on skills to the young. I can, however still hit what I aim out out to about 500 yds. Beyond that it's iffy.

Grumpy, I'd take you in and attach to base camp and just set around and listen to your stories (with a little mead of course)
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I can teach everyone to drive a Stryker, LOL
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I can teach everyone to drive a Stryker, LOL
    oooooh ooooooh ooooh me first ME FIRST!!!!