Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacon!

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Bacon!

Bacon. link ------> I don't want to read all the stuff below, just show me the link to $133/case delivered BACON<-----link
    That word is a sentence all by itself.
    I like bacon. A lot. I've even tried chocolate covered bacon and even bacon ice cream.
    So when SHTF, I don't want to be without my precious bacon.
    So, we have canned bacon now (again). When I was a kid and my father was stationed overseas, we had bacon in a can. Back then it was not cooked, it was raw in the can. Now my folks being from L.A (lower Alabama) thought this was some kind of heresy, kind of like instant grits, but we learned to eat it and like it.
    We started preping way before Y2K and I once commented to Wifey about the canned bacon from years gone by. She thought I was nuts. She thought it was so funny and stupid. She made the mistake of mentioning it during Thanksgiving Dinner one year when we were visiting the folks. The MIL says, "Well bless your heart sweety, I guess you dont remember how much you loved canned bacon when you were young-un in Panama." Succotash almost came out of my nose.
    So I discovered Yoders canned bacon. Holy Cow it's like crack in a can. I love that stuff. I have turned a lot of nay-sayers into believers.
    So where am I going with this?
    I have a "few" cans stashed away that I rotate through. I buy when I can find it on sale. Just found a site that has it for about $133 for a case of 12 cans delivered. here at MREFOODS.com. No I don't work for them, i just thought i would pass along what I think is a good deal
    I think you can get 1/2 case for about $77 too

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Yeah, I love beacon too.

We get so much good info here, I am going to need cash when I come back.

Wow, I just found it cheaper than above, although its not in stock for a few more weeks
    At http://www.mredepot.com it is $143.95/case + shipping.
    HOWEVER, if you use discount code "CALGUNS" at checkout, you will get 21% off. That makes it $113.72 + shipping. Shipping to NYS was only $6.91 so the total is $120.63. Shipping to AK was $18.88 ($132.60 total) so the savings varies depending on the shipping.
    YMMV

What is the shelf life for this product?

stated as " In excess of 10 years"
    I imagine if you kept it cooler, like in a basement, it would last longer.
    Keep it in your garage or tool shed, not so long.
    I got some of the first cans that came out back in May '08 and honest to God I can not tell the dif between one of the older cans and a new one.
    I have noticed that there is sometimes a slight difference in the 'smokeyness' from one batch to the next.

This looks like a must have. Meat with over 10 years to go is always good to have.

Tell you what.
    If you want, I can send you a can to try. When you discover how good it is and buy your own case, you can send a can back to me.
    OR
    You buy a case.
    Open a can and try it.
    If you honestly like bacon, but you dont like this, I will buy it off of you.
    Yes, it IS that good.

I'll most likely shit myself

Alpha sounds like I gotta get some of that stuff. I love bacon. Long life span is the topper. not a bad price either.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I saw the word "BACON" and went outside and kicked one of my chickens....I am a meat and potatoes man and breakfast is the only reason I get up sometimes. I'm sold and will be ordering some very soon.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

As long as it ain't that maple flavored shit - worst excuse I ever saw for bacon.