Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver and Gold prices are dropping. Buying time?

I'll most likely shit myself

I haven't found everything I was looking for, but here are 2 links to start with. There are several articles and time is short tonight for me, so I'm just going to post up the links. This first one is covering possible gold price manipulation in recent times.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...154049120.html

This one covers some happenings from last Wensday.

http://silverdoctors.com/force-majeu...the-next-week/

I'll most likely shit myself

Here is some links to the Mine collapse in Utah. Pretty good pictures in some of them. The mine is huge and the slide area is pretty big as well. It's going to take a long time to get this place back up and running. From what I read this mine is responsible for about 10% of the US silver mining capacity and other metals as well. I don't know much about mining, but it sounds like a large variety of stuff comes from this one.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/10-of...-largest-mine/

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/hu...-1226619124124

http://etfdailynews.com/2013/04/17/p...unding-volume/

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I will probably buy some if it drops further. I quit buying when it hit $20 a couple of years ago. I think that other durable goods may be more valuable
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I am looking to purchase around $5,000-$10,000 physical silver, not from some company who only gives you a piece of paper and about the same in gold, but I don't have the slightest idea of where to start. I am wondering about agent commissions, fees for this, fees for that, fees for paying fees. Where do I go to, and what do I buy. Should I buy coins, bars, 'scrap silver', etc. Anyone have any advice?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Call Bobby at Just Measures Coin shop in Mt Vernon IN. He'll treat you square! Link below. You will need to call him though. See Stormy's post in the WTB Silver thread.

http://justmeasurescs.com/556-2/
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Call Bobby at Just Measures Coin shop in Mt Vernon IN. He'll treat you square! Link below. You will need to call him though. See Stormy's post in the WTB Silver thread.

http://justmeasurescs.com/556-2/
    Thanks for the advice GOM. I will give him a call this week.

I meet with our financial advisor this morning from UBS, and one of the things he said was they are expecting gold to go down to around $800 before going back up...just thought someone might find this helpful.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    I am looking to purchase around $5,000-$10,000 physical silver, not from some company who only gives you a piece of paper and about the same in gold, but I don't have the slightest idea of where to start. I am wondering about agent commissions, fees for this, fees for that, fees for paying fees. Where do I go to, and what do I buy. Should I buy coins, bars, 'scrap silver', etc. Anyone have any advice?
    apmex.com always treated me right for small purchases. I bet for the amount you've given, if you call them directly you'd get personal attention and can work out a bulk purchase deal.

I'm not a big fan of coins. For those you have to consider the value of the silver content and any additional value from the rarity of the coin. I have no interest in deciphering that an 1894 Indian booger nickle is worth far more than the 1896 version.

At one time Apmex offered silver rounds that appeared to be the old buffalo nickle but were not monetary, just silver. Bars worked too. I didn't see too much difference between the two in terms of function. I did limit total size to 1oz because "making change" for silver is kinda tough post hurricane.

Hope this helps.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    apmex.com always treated me right for small purchases. I bet for the amount you've given, if you call them directly you'd get personal attention and can work out a bulk purchase deal.

I'm not a big fan of coins. For those you have to consider the value of the silver content and any additional value from the rarity of the coin. I have no interest in deciphering that an 1894 Indian booger nickle is worth far more than the 1896 version.

At one time Apmex offered silver rounds that appeared to be the old buffalo nickle but were not monetary, just silver. Bars worked too. I didn't see too much difference between the two in terms of function. I did limit total size to 1oz because "making change" for silver is kinda tough post hurricane.

Hope this helps.

I agree about APMEX. They are about the only ones on line that will tell you what they actually have on hand and what they do not. In this volatile market. I do not want to wait three to four weeks to take possession of what I purchase.

I too, only purchase in 1oz increments or smaller, depending on what I am purchasing.

I would not be afraid to purchase today, with the prices fluctuating, you just cannot predict when they will hit bottom. Any price is a good price when using useless FRN's.

Bob
    III

Claptrap's Problem Solver

$10,000 of 1oz silver rounds is gonna make the UPS guy hate you when it's delivered.....just sayin.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout