Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver and Gold prices are dropping. Buying time?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Ive ordered from Scottsdale Silver after 2die4 recommended them. They took a few weeks to ship, but they tell you the lead times up front. I was very happy with what i recieved.

I especially liked their 1/10th ounce rounds. They are the size if a dime, so i liked them just in case i didnt want to give up a whole oz. Kind of like being able to make change. I like the smaller denominations for that reason. I dont think ill buy anything bigger than an ounce.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

We have some different sizes but nothing that small...I don't think we have half oz either. I just realized in their description of generic silver .999 +fine that they chose what they send (no problem with them choosing bars or rounds) but as I read I realized they could also chose "plated" which correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that silver poured over a lower grade metal?
    I apologize for nothing...

I'll most likely shit myself

Your right about the plated types. Not pure silver.

Where's the epi?

That's what I thought. I was surprised to find it in their .999 pure generic silver. You tell them how many oz ya ant and they decide what they send you. I would be pretty pissed if I ended up with plated crap. Good thing I read the whole description .

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

i bought a couple times from them, all I got was bars or rounds.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Guess ill have to do the separate order. They had that one where ya got a combination of them which was nice but they could throw junk in if they wanted which sucks. Oh we'll. been watching prices. Gone up about .10 since paying attention. Don't know if I should just buy or wait and see if it goes back down some more. One of the silver forums seems to think its going to drop some more. Thoughts?

I'll most likely shit myself

I've read various places of the possiblities of Silver prices dropping as low as $17. Not sure I would wait too long. It has more or less stabilized over the past couple weeks. IMO it could go either way over the next few months.

may be in trouble

Apologies for the necro-post.

22 months since the last post on here regarding silver pricing. Highest it got since then was in late August 2013, at about $25, and lowest was about $15.30 in November 2014 It's stayed pretty firmly below $18 all year to date.

Hysterical note: Ag traded for $11.86 at the beginning of the present, nearly totalitarian regime (Jan. 20,2009). I routinely kick myself for not having gotten into the game at that time. Since, however, I have made tall effort to fix things, having XXXXXXXXX grams as of this writing.

If the several moderators and / or other interested parties wish copies of the links to the more reputable silver mints, I will be glad to post them here or send them via privatemail. I am a member of another site that does precious metals, and if I obtain their permission, I will post it too, if desired.

BROAD HINT: DON'T BUY PM FROM EBAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO OVERPAY.

Kesephist

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I too have wished I had paid more attention to money matters, prepping, and gold & silver prices in the past. During most of the 90's, I worked for Pepsi, and in that time probably went through a Million dollars in quarters from the vending machines. If I had exchanged out the pre 1964 silver quarters for my own money, I would be a retired multi-millionaire. But at least I have the retired part.

For the Love of Cats

FYI... I work in the mining industry, and right now we are in the tail end of a lull. Our future forecast is bright as things are picking up across the board. I cannot recommend anything, but I know that after a 1.5 year hiatus, my buying will begin again in earnest, starting with my very next cheque.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.