Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

For the Love of Cats

unerstood APs... no ofence intended either..
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I agree, malicious folks are definitely watching this to see reactions, ttp's of the good guys, in combat planning, all these items come into play.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Ok folks, looks like the official numbers are in. . . .

4 The number of explosive devices. 2 detonated, 2 failed to detonate.
    3 The number of casualties, to include an 8 year old child.
    144 The number of non fatal to date casualties.

There are some interesting facts about the whole incident. Please read it, and contemplate it before you make any hasty observations.

1 One of Boston's biggest annual events, the race winds up near Copley Square, not far from the landmark Prudential Center and the Boston Public Library. It is held on Patriots Day, which commemorates the first battles of the American Revolution, at Concord and Lexington in 1775. Lots of ideas or inferences could be made about this particular fact. None of them good for the American People.

2 A fire broke out not far from the race itself at the JFK Law Library, approximately 2 miles away. Far enough to lure first responders away from what would then be the incident site. The farther away they are, the less chance to respond in a timely matter to possibly save more lives.

3 The bombings occurred about four hours into the race and two hours after the men's winner crossed the finish line. By that point, more than 17,000 of the athletes had finished the marathon, but thousands more were still running. This attack may have been timed for maximum carnage: The four-hour mark is typically a crowded time near the finish line because of the slow-but-steady recreational runners completing the race and because of all the friends and relatives clustered around to cheer them on.

4 WBZ-TV ( Bostons Main TV Station) reported late Monday that law enforcement officers were searching an apartment in the Boston suburb of Revere. Massachusetts State Police confirmed that a search warrant related to the investigation into the explosions was served Monday night in Revere but provided no further details. This would lead someone to think that of the undetonated bombs, somebody got sloppy and left a fingerprint/DNA/Business Card/Manifesto? at the bomb location that would lead them to that apartment location.

5 New York's assault weapon registration begins. Key measures of New York's tough new gun law kicked in Monday, with owners of firearms now reclassified as assault weapons required to start registering the firearms and new limits on the number of bullets.

Food for thought folks, just throwing it out there, a lot of interesting facts, the first one of which does not bode well for the typical prepper. It paints us in a very bad light. Someone is trying to recreate the Shot heard around the world.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

A laugh a minute
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

New details out on the bomb. It is what is known as a pressure cooker IED, commonly seen in Afghanistan. They say that people were actually fortunate in that the lid wasn't tightened down as it should have been. That made the force of the explosion less then it could have been, therefore lessening its effect.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

For the Love of Cats

friends are accounted for and ok.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

That's good to hear
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

2nd Suspect in custody!!!!!!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

How they didn't aerate this guy like a golf green is beyond me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

I believe three words could have impacted that. Publicity, and media coverage
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!