Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

Crotch Rocket

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15...pokesman-says/
    Apparently details are still breaking, but two explosions - reportedly in different locations - have been confirmed near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, with multiple casualties and more than one death reported.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    catching this up now, do we have anyone in that AO?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

I honestly don't know. I've been running tapatalk for so long now I haven't been able to keep up with member locations.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Administrator

Don't think so. I think I'm the closest but 3 hours away
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

For the Love of Cats

My wife has a couple friends down there running it. She hasn't been able to get through to them yet
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

Stg is the NE POC. I just texted him to see if there's anyone from around there.

I can't do it while mobile, but can someone check the NE call tree group for members, please?

T - I hope they're alright.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Im currently doing a BDA on the blast, coming from what Ive gleaned from video footage and still photos.

My initial assessment,
    -domestic terrorist, disgruntled person within the region, possibility mil background or commecial explosives, younger versus older guy, very smart,
    -HME (homemade explosive) too small of a blast pattern to be commercial/military explosive.
    -multiple devices, hardwired or cell phone detonated?
    Update. . . just found a pic online showing both blast happening concurrently, so almost definitely cellphone or radio detonation sequence.
    -daisy chained, with a failure in the detonation sequence due to the delay in explosions. (amateur?)
    UPdate this point is rendered moot, above update states why. Picture online showing both detonations happening at same time.
    -possible 3rd device that didnt go off, still waiting on confirmation there.
    -possible 4th device at a library (JFK?) UPDATE Verified explosion at JFK LIbrary.
    -FAA issues TFR for that region

UPDATE 1 unconfirmed reports of FBI BOLO on yellow hertz truck at NYC Ground Zero.
    UPDATE 2 person of interest detained, unsure if witness or suspect.
    UPDATE 3 Cellphone service shut down in Boston Area, bombs possibly cell detonated.
    UPDATE 4 Bearcat APC's deployed to area.
    UPDATE 5 Old town hall reports suspicious device in trash, BFD requesting bomb squad.
    UPDATE 6 Rental truck at NYC GZ found, declared clean/non-mission issue. FBI BOLO cancelled.
    UPDATE 7 BFD ON SCENE WITH A VEVICLE WITH A SUSPICIOUS PACKAGE INSIDE. REQUEST FOR THE BOMB SQUAD [NHA038]
    UPDATE 8 SUSPICIOUS DEVICE 04/15/13 16:38 (BOSTON - ) BFD ON SCENE IN FRONT OF OLD CITY HALL WITH A SUSPICIOUS DEVICE IN A TRASH BARREL. REQUEST FOR BOMB SQUAD [NHA038]

questions-- why today? Tax day? is this a protest? this also coincides with new york states starting day of firearms/assualt registration? First thing that comes to my mind. any other ideas folks?

Excerpt from Yahoo front page. . .New York's assault weapon registration begins

Key measures of New York's tough new gun law kicked in Monday, with owners of firearms now reclassified as assault weapons required to start registering the firearms and new limits on the number of bullets ...
    Last edited by Stormfeather; 04-15-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Nice analysis Stormfeather.

One of my first thought was it was the NORKs but thats not their MO. I have to agree that it could be domestic it wouldnt surprise me if it was domestic or jihadis. However the NY post is reporting there's a Saudi national in a hospital being guarded.

UPDATE: fox confirms person is being held. Unknown if its a perp or not.

Press conference states they had 2 explosions at the marathon, 1 at JFK library and one device disabled by EOD. PD stepped around a question about how many devices total.

Cell phones have been shut down in the city.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Crotch Rocket

I'm getting info the PD has deployed APC's and the Penske truck of interest is clean.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

So now all the armchair quarterbacks gear up and the blame game starts. Lets see where this monkey flies.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,