Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preppers that use Drones

I'll most likely shit myself

Your best bet would be to have a bunch of battery packs and some way to charge several at one time. I will check and see what the recharge time is on a single pack.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I was asking about in flight recharging. I did the Raven drone training before, and the drones we used there are actually pretty quiet, you couldnt hear them from 100 yards away. I was talking about the recon point being moot if you had a drone covered with solar panels for in flight recharging. Im assuming the reflectivity of the panels would pretty much give it away. Hence. . .recon for it would be a moot point since you would basically be flying a reflective panel. I agree the electric aspect of it would be a better choice due to noise or lack thereof, but I was concentrating on longevity of flight time as the main goal.
    Oh, I got you now. The difference in flight time between gas and electric is really minimal. And the benefit of the silent electric IMO outweighs the little time lost. And turn around time on an electric is way faster than on a gas. Also the electric is more reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Your best bet would be to have a bunch of battery packs and some way to charge several at one time. I will check and see what the recharge time is on a single pack.
    That varies by how much you want to spend on a charger. Cheap ones take ours, expensive ones can do it in 15 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Yea, Thats what I was assuming, which is too bad, if only there was a way to do a fast recharge off of solar. . . .
    There is, just have a few solar panels on quick chargers and with enough of them you could fly for hours with just a quick battery swap.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Yea, too bad I couldnt mount a few on the actual plane itself, now that would be the beez butt!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.