Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your compasses....What do you have?

I've always wanted to learn map reading and land navigation, where would I start? Is there a manual (I had an army field manual once, I was more confused after 1/2 a chapter I never picked it up again)

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzaniel View Post
    I've always wanted to learn map reading and land navigation, where would I start? Is there a manual (I had an army field manual once, I was more confused after 1/2 a chapter I never picked it up again)
    Land nav is not toooo complicated, *IF* you have first hand instruction. A lot of what you need to know is extremely difficult to disseminate from a manual... or even from just watching a video! The best of the best of the best, is hands on instruction.

If you were closer, Id be more than eager to take you to the field...

Wish I could have given a more satisfying answer bro...
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzaniel View Post
    See if you can find a Boy Scout orienteering merit badge book. That's where I learned.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

This arrived today....Suunto Core

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

In his experience the hammer head is better

I have the us military lensatic compasses.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

For the Love of Cats

I got a bunch, but 99% of the time they are in a pocket, and never get pulled out. as long as I am not in a KOA style campground, I always know my way around. freaks the wife out big time, but works for me. In a gov't campground, I just follow her...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon Spam

I just walk towards the sun in the morning and then take a mid day nap, then head back to base came by walking towards the sun in the afternoon.....always seem to find it ....lol

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    I just walk towards the sun in the morning and then take a mid day nap, then head back to base came by walking towards the sun in the afternoon.....always seem to find it ....lol
    I follow the sun all day.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Echo, details on that mini compass please.....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.