Thread: The ponies have landed

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

The ponies have landed

My horses got here on Friday last. They are in rough shape-very skinny. After the trip they were pretty stand offish. But I've been spending a lot of time with them the last 3 days and m free feeding alfalfa and oat pellets, supplementing with purina senior, beet pulp and rice bran pellets with a weight gain supplement. I'll post pics soon.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Wow, those are some serious supps, they should be gaining in no time. Arabs? Sometimes when we picked up super thin horses from auction, we would add a little vegetable oil to their grain. It helped gloss them out too.

I hope they are chubby and happy soon . Mine are shedding like nuts. Love this time of year, lol.
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Sounds like they won't be staying away from you to long, not with all those goodies. We would do beet pulp during the winter to help hold weight.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Our deer loved it while they were pregnant. Must be some good stuff that beet pulp!
    I apologize for nothing...

Z-Rainamus the Wonder Horse

[IMG][/IMG]

10 the Temptress

[IMG][/IMG]
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Z-Rainamus the Wonder Horse

[IMG][/IMG]

10 the Temptress

[IMG][/IMG]
    Did you get any of the weather down there tonite? It's been ugly here. I think they ran the tornado sirens till they broke. Lots of damage about halfway between me and your AO.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

No It ent by us but my knees surely were aching. The twister in Granbury touched down 3 blocks from our plant there.

Quo Vadis?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

You and the ponies are reunited. Very cool Grumpy!!!. BTW Good looking spirited horses and Z looks happy, calm and glad to see you the most.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Where's the epi?

Z is beautiful! Hope you are enjoying having your babies home with you again.
    I apologize for nothing...

Do you have a robot?
    I keep thinking it would be nice to get back into riding but I don't know where I would find the time. Good looking animals you have there Grumpy. Enjoy