Thread: First Crop in!

First Crop in!

Got to pick the first tomotoes of the season today, a Sweet Grape and a Sir Speedy. Corn is tasselling well, peppers are growing big and the strawberries are really coming on. Looks like a good crop here in SW Louisiana.

On the down side, my Father in Oklahoma is currently having to plant for the 3rd time.....weather has wiped him out twice already.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like you are doing well. Sorry to hear aborut your dads. I hate having to replant if its not a succession crap.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Havent even had a tomato yet. . .still waiting for it to stop raining here so we can plant!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

Same here. Between that and the frost over a couple nights I'm kinda happy I haven't filled our containers yet. Only potatoes so far, and they're holding up pretty well.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Got flowers on our tomato plants. . . its a start!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

My plants are blooming as well. Looking forward to just walking out and pulling right from the plant.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Just a FWIW, the early producer is a new variety for me, called Sir Speedy. I'll be planting a few more of them next year, as they have come along and produced well ahead of the others. I think I'll be picking corn around June 10!

A laugh a minute
    I have planted a container garden again this year due to no place for a real garden. But everything is growing on schedule and looking good.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked close to a gallpn of cherries tonight. Got our first bluebery and mulberry as well. The wife is growing several strawberry plants in a big metal tub on our deck. Shes been picking a handful about every day this week.

Where's the epi?

Got our first black zucchini this week. Pulled some of the garlic up and it's drying. Need to get the rest out but have been out of commission the last almost 3 weeks with shoulder surgery so haven't gotten much done. I get the staples out on Tuesday so hopefully I'll feel more like getting out there and using both arms. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are growing well, all the peppers and tomatoes are doing well in the containers but I've been a little worried due to so much rain this past week. Hoping the stuff won't rot! The apples are a mess. We have so many that are already ripe but all the water has rotted much of them and now the June Bugs are here and eating everything in sight. Makes me crazy.
    I apologize for nothing...