Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone tell me about this gas mask?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Im looking at inserts and lens for us glasses wearers... that starts to get costly... Is what I was talking about.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

The M-17 inserts can be bent to fit many other models....and from what I have heard....will fit a M-40....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-military-...item484fa24ee0

They are cheap...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Thanks for the info everyone!

Do you have a robot?
    Regarding prescription inserts if you go with MSA they offer them. There are some lens you mount in a rubber like pair of glasses you wear under military gas mask. These do not work well. I have had a couple and could never get a good seal even though I was assured they would work.

One other option is get some stick on lens they make for scuba divers' mask. I was going to go to these for a different application from the masks but it was solved so I never got to try theses.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"

I bought a pair of these frames MANY MANY MOONS AGO, they work GREAT! You can wear them without a mask as you would any other glassess, and when its time to don the mask, you dont have to take them off and swap inserts, or anything else... the mask fits perfect without a loss of seal.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Eyewear-Ma...8-22-P516.aspx

However... for me, the expensive part happens to be the LENS! I have terrible eyes and my prescriptions are quite costly...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Those are the same type and location that I got mine. I guess my square head interferes with the seal............

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post

I bought a pair of these frames MANY MANY MOONS AGO, they work GREAT! You can wear them without a mask as you would any other glassess, and when its time to don the mask, you dont have to take them off and swap inserts, or anything else... the mask fits perfect without a loss of seal.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Eyewear-Ma...8-22-P516.aspx

However... for me, the expensive part happens to be the LENS! I have terrible eyes and my prescriptions are quite costly...

EB
    You can have them ground at the VA......and wally world is reasonable.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.