Thread: Ultimate MyLaR Seal!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"

Ultimate MyLaR Seal!

Okay, as far as I know... its the ultimate mylar seal... Come tomorrow, after the o2 suckers do there job, Ill know for sure.

Being one to never leave anything alone, Ive tried the hair straightener (Which seamed to be the best but not yield perfect results), clothes iron and even and expensive tee-shirt press (for iron on transfers). The tee shirt press, though impressive, did not yield a "pretty" seal as I had hoped, and the seal was a fail.

So at work today, Im thinking of another way to do it... parts are inexpensive and anyone can build the jig.

Ill post back by the weekend if all goes well, Ill check this seal in the morning and do a few more seals before I post the full report.

Of course, a video will follow (*IF* it works out)

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Doesnt look good right now.... Bag has not vacced in like I expected.

I think I sit the iron on the jig toooo long and actually ruined what should have been a good seal. I did it for several seconds, and even ran it back and forth. I *think* it should be like 3 or 4 seconds....

How long do you apply heat (5 mil) to seal?? (Maybe Im doing it wrong!)

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Walking on Sunshine

EB, My brother and SIL have used the bags and tabs.One thing he suggested is to make sure hair straightener is HOT. Once you have filled bag and put tabs in, squoosh some of the air out and run the heater along the end He said do it slowly but steady pressure. He said it took them a little while to get the hang of it but keep trying!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Kat!

I just sealed a new bag.. (same contents... rice). This time I only ran the iron for about 3 to 4 seconds (instead of 15 - 20 doh).

I also stopped and took the time to read the destructions on the wrapper... It said SHAKE TO ACTIVATE. Humm... I did, and it got hot in just a few seconds (HotHands), so maybe... the previous seal was good, but the HH was not quite activated!

Forgive me, Im an idiot.

Ill report back tomorrow with more, but Im still convinced THIS is a "better" system and if it works as advertised, Ill explain it in the video. (No spoilers!)

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Walking on Sunshine

Not an idjit,just learning. Bro said it took them a few trail and errors but once you get the iron hot and can move it across they should work fine.

This bag seal didnt suck in either... I know the HH was activated, it was hot when I put it in...

I *think* I may go back to the hair straightener...

Sorry for the false alarm, I honestly thought I was on to something good!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Hey, don't be sorry!!! Experience is nothing more than learning from failures, what works and what doesn't. In my book, that's a good thing!
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."