Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlamps

A laugh a minute
    We seem to have this thing about collecting headlamps where ever we go. So far we have them from, Home depot, Lowe's, Northern Tool, Harbor Freight and yard sales(love those yard sales). But The best one so far is from Home depot. The battery lasts longer. Even when DH goes into WalMart with it on and wonders why people are looking at him funny. Have had mine for 2 yrs and only changed battery 1 time so far, and yes I use it.

I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I have headlamps from Princeton Tec and Black Diamond. Both are American companies and make quality kit. Princeton Tec is trying to be the leading edge on the market of head mounted lighting and doing a good job at it.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I ran across mine yesterday, it is a Petzl.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I've got an el'cheepo Coleman one from Walmart. It was fantastic when I had to do emergency repairs in the attic during Hurricane Issac last year.

Need to invest in a better one however.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Check out your local REI or similar. They should have Princeton Tec, Black Diamond and Petzl on the shelf you can get some hands on play with.

I'm a big fan of them as you can't use a handheld utility light as a headlamp, but for generic use, a headlamp can be used as a flashlight. I keep one in my EDC backpack as well as on the nightstand for if/when the power goes out.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Bass Pro had the Petzl Tactikka.

I am not unhappy generally with the cheaper ones, except for a "tactical" field use. For that, when I want a red light, I want a red light. I don't want to have to cycle through three or four different brightness's of white light to get to red. The Petzl simply has a red filter that you slide over in front of the light when you want red, and then just turn it on. It actually comes with red, green and blue filters, but I was interested in red for night time operation. You can only mount one filter at a time, and it just slides back and forth.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    Petzl Tactikka Plus from here:

http://www.backcountry.com/petzl-tactikka-plus-headlamp

I use 'em a lot and really like them. They run on AAA batteries and they are so light, I really do not notice it on my head. Also has a red flip up/flip down lens.

Bob
    III