Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting out some feelers on Tarp project

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Putting out some feelers on Tarp project

Id like to gauge some interest.

who would be interested in something like this?

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...Woodland-Camo)

thanks
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Would it be Silnylon? Ive been thinking of doing one myself, but if someone else did it, it would save me the trouble.

Id be interested in both Multicam *AND* woodland camo, both are great patterns and have different applications depending on the terrain and season IMHO.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Lightweight 70d cordura.

right now, ive got ranger green material. Its water repellent. The camo patterns are not.

and i like ranger green, i think its a pretty versatile color.
    i may look at doing some woodland or multicam, but the price material price is going to have to come down first.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

So a camo woodland baker tent? I'm in!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Pretty much

If you google the British "basha" shelter, that will give you an idea...... Just a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    If you google the British "basha" shelter, that will give you an idea...... Just a little bigger.
    I liked the basha quite a bit, felt it superior to the U.S. shelter half on most counts.

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    I liked the basha quite a bit, felt it superior to the U.S. shelter half on most counts.
    Agreed. I like my basha, but the problem i have with it is that it just isnt quite big enough.
    hence, this project.

ive got 2 projects in the works.

1. The afore mentioned 10x10. Probably doing the 10x10 in 2 versions: an ultralite, and a heavier duty model.

2. A "pocket hooch". Probably 8x8. Small, yet big enough for 1 guy and your gear.

im going to talk to my guy about building a beta version of each. Of course, price breaks come with quantity, so if you guys are truly interested, id like to know.

different patterns are possible, but the cost if raw material goes up when you get into woodland, multicam, or AOR2.
    thats why i chose ranger green as the starting point. It was very reasonable price wise. I purchased enough material to do 2 10x10s and the pocket hooch.

ranger green us also a very good color for all around use, especially in vegetation.

Do you have a robot?
    I just started looking into picking up a couple. I'm in no rush so I'm interested in what you have. I like the design of the Basha too.

Crotch Rocket

I came up with a similar concept myself, but it was HUGE! It would have to be a car camping type setup to be viable at all. lol. I wanted a floorless tent I could run a stove and hang my hammock in, with room for at least two people and gear. The Baker Tent and Nessmuk's Shanty were the inspiration.

I like this.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!