Thread: Fishing, 2013

Crotch Rocket

Fishing, 2013

So, I've been uber busy on a new 12 hour work schedule and continuing to get our garden together, but I have managed to get out fishing a couple times. I caught my biggest fish yet on the last outing. A 27" Sheephead. Apparently they're good eating, but I usually throw them back. This time, this guy ran over and said he wanted it! Lol. I barely had time to get a pic of it.

I enjoyed reeling this one in.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

nicely done!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Nice. Sheephead are great eating, but that looks a little different than I am used to seeing. That looks a little like a drum. Either way both are great to eat, sheephead are just a little harder to clean. Don't fillet them like a regular fish, just cut above the sense line on the side of them. Getting through their ribs is a PITA.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

Where's the teeth? Where's the funny lookin teeth man? The sheeps head I used to catch down in Long Boat Key,FL when I was a kid used to have the verticle stripes. We used to catch'em on sand fleas (little crustaceans of a sort) we'd dig out of the sand. We'd throw'em back too. Them and whiting, catfish ah to be a kid again. Nice fish, really nice fish, I'll bet that was a great couple of minutes in your life.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Nice. Sheephead are great eating, but that looks a little different than I am used to seeing. That looks a little like a drum. Either way both are great to eat, sheephead are just a little harder to clean. Don't fillet them like a regular fish, just cut above the sense line on the side of them. Getting through their ribs is a PITA.
    Thanks. I'll have to remember that for when I get around to keeping and cleaning one. All told I caught 8 that night. This was just the biggest. A 9th got away.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Where's the teeth? Where's the funny lookin teeth man? The sheeps head I used to catch down in Long Boat Key,FL when I was a kid used to have the verticle stripes. We used to catch'em on sand fleas (little crustaceans of a sort) we'd dig out of the sand. We'd throw'em back too. Them and whiting, catfish ah to be a kid again. Nice fish, really nice fish, I'll bet that was a great couple of minutes in your life.

It was. That whole night was a lot of fun. I have a friend who watches a lot of fishing shows, and started calling me the KVD of Sheephead. Lol.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!