Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secretary of Defense Hagel- Massive Cuts to Troop Numbers

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Not much more quality leadership left. The military is just a former shadow of itself. I'm an old 'Steamer", politically uncorrect I was, but then again I was usually right. Glad I'm retired too, or they'd probably be drumming me out.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Right there with you and glad to be out. There are still a few old salt guys in but the majority have cut their losses and got the hell out of there. Your right that is is a shadow of the military it used to be. Now they even tell you that you have to accept everyone. You can't be a Christian. You have to be "sensitive". To hell with that. I was trained to kill people not gently comfort them.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

CC Gray Panther
    When I got out of the Army in 1973 my wife was furious because I was to be given $6,000.00 plus E-6 if I stayed in and choice of duty station if I desired to re- locate. I was ready to sign but the volunteer Army was coming and from what I heard of it made me sick. I really did want to stay but when I heard that I'd have to be more understanding ; IE soft with my verbal and actual actions I told myself I'd never kiss the ass of a lower ranked soldier. ( Just the way I was raised in the military. )

I've never been politically correct and never will be ; I would die for family ; friends and fellow vets ; but can't do it being politically correct. Too much what iffin' to make a decision.
    It's a black and white world when it comes to life and death decisions.

Bacon saver

I retired with a clear conscious, knowing I did the right things at the right time. I "toed the line" on a daily basis you might say. But a raised kids to be well oiled, well trained, decision makers (and other thingees) that could do the right thing when the time came. If they couldn't I made sure they got sent packin. That was one thing for sure, I didn't believe in keeping useless shit in the Navy, be it people or equipment. Till one day I had enough, I figured 22yrs was a good ride so I sent myself packin cause they weren't listening to this old bastard anymore. Nuff said. If I didn't do it, they would have anyway. No retirement ceremony, I just walked. Hell they didn't give me a party when I joined anyway.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.