Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Upon further inspection of your pic, I'm reminded that I've not had any Rolling Rock since high school......... may be time to revisit an old friend.
    You should always re-visit old friends from time to time, just to keep those old memories alive!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Tagged

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Upon further inspection of your pic, I'm reminded that I've not had any Rolling Rock since high school......... may be time to revisit an old friend.
    It's decent for a cheap brew. I really prefer a stout or a good IPA, but RR was reeeeaaaallly cheap. Couldn't resist.

In reality, the beer pouch holds 60-80 rounds of loose ammo (my oh shit gun is a lever) and the med kit is a tear away pouch with the essentials: Israeli bandages, CAT tourniquet, quikclot, shears, tape, etc.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

OK, ok.

Who's updated their setups?

MOAR PICS!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

No. I've updated my opsec procedures with my gear.

Ok ok. lol. I'll get some pics up when my latest purchases arrive, how about that?

I wish they'd hurry up. I am a high speed, low drag space shuttle door gunner due to deploy next week you know.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I broke out my BCM03 harness last weekend and it reminded me that it's an insanely capable piece of gear. I plan on working in this rig as much as possible when I go to the range/training sessions because it's just that good.

So here's the original configuration:

After the first carbine class with this rig I ditched the sheers, added an ITW fast mag as a "go to" mag change pouch, and moved some other things around.

Over the years I've changed and tweaked things around. Here's how it looks today:

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I replaced the ITW Fastmag with a HSGI taco for the "go to" mag change pouch. This does a far better job holding the mag securely while still allowing for a rapid mag change. This gives me a total of 3 AR mags on the left side as my primary mag locations and 90 rounds of hate and discontent (150 rounds total)

Added a Tactical Tailor magna-mag pouch to the front of the left outboard native mag pouch. This gives me two side arm refills. The magna-mag system uses a small magnet to keep the mags secure when the retaining tabs are not in place. I had one on the original setup but it was not in an ideal place for reloads.

An HSGI blowout kit serves as the IFAK and has secure storage for sheers. It's hard to see but the pouch has an integrated strap to hold the sheers into place. This is far more secure than my original setup (which tended to catch on the rifle sling as I went from low ready to firing position).

The Tactical Tailor dump pouch rounds out the left side. I was able to secure this to the existing waist strap of the BCM03 harness and it's locked into place. I like this pouch because you can cinch down the drawstring at the top and keep mags from popping out. I used this last weekend at a training session and the pouch is easy to reach and in a comfortable spot.

That's a 5.11 comms pouch on the back of the BCM hydration carrier. Currently I have no real comms setup (total fail on my part) but I wanted to be able to put something there and this basic pouch can serve the purpose.

I added a First Spear Admin pouch which is slightly larger than the two integrated mag pouches on the harness. I just added that today. I want to see how far that will stick out and if it will interfere with the draw of my sidearm (off to another training session.....weee!) before I give it a final determination. I don't really *need* an admin pouch and the harness has two pockets already (not shown on the back of the mag pouches) so it's not shy for storage. We'll see about that change.

It did make for a nice place for the ant head patch and my name-tape however.

The TQ was moved to the center-line so it's held in place by a Blue Force Gear TQ now retainer and the front retaining straps of the harness itself. Best yet, it's right on the center-line of my body so it's easier for me to grab ambidextrously.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

I still like that harness. New set up seems even more useful.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I am glad this thread got revisited. Since l just moved and switched my primary weapon....l need to update my rig soon. Pics to follow.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Tagged for interest