Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I'll say this in regards to the battle belt design. I run a drop leg rig for my secondary weapon and a knife (also a drop leg) and this set up takes plenty of the weight off the belt being attached to the legs. Of course if your belt needs suspenders then use them, I know I would. You always design your rig to fit your comfort level, not just to be like someone else.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Administrator

A leg rig would be the way to go for mobility purposes. Running with a firearm attached to your belt and no suspenders would be diificult in my opinion. Only drawback is would be robbers/troublemakers would know you are armed and your ability to catch them by surprise would be compromised.
    Last edited by 2die4; 06-13-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Only problem with drop legs is they often times affect the way your body pumps blood to your legs. This can affect your stamina and mobility in a bad situation.......Ask me how I know.....

Not that I'm against drop legs, mind you. I run one now. But you have to be able to change equipment if need be. A drop leg is not the ideal solution to all pistol carrying needs.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GunnerMax
    for you guys with a safariland dropleg holster:
    Eleven 10 Gear - Kydex SOF-T Tourniquet Case
    and
    Eleven 10 Gear - Kydex CAT Tourniquet Case

I have the CAT one for my dropleg. I am also getting a dropleg mag pouch to use up the other 2 holes for last ditch "oh shit!"

They come in Belt, MOLLE, and (what I ordered) Screws for the dropleg, which reduce the price some (down to $20). I dont like rubber bands because those friggin things like to pop back and snap my hand.

For the battlebelt with/without suspenders, I have 2 HSGI suspenders, with shock cord bungee. I will make sure to post reviews of my gear once it is set up. I plan on having an extensive thread, similar to Izzy's, but tailored to the Glock and AK, ammo heavy

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Only problem with drop legs is they often times affect the way your body pumps blood to your legs. This can affect your stamina and mobility in a bad situation.......Ask me how I know.....

Not that I'm against drop legs, mind you. I run one now. But you have to be able to change equipment if need be. A drop leg is not the ideal solution to all pistol carrying needs.
    Izzy, I agree the drop leg isn't a fix all weapon carrying system. I have a strike platform as a back up in my gear. You use what you can.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Hi backpacker I have not added much before. I have been preparing for quite some time but did not know about the sites until I started looking at fiction then the PAW sites. I do not get to the sites often but it is so much betterr than other things.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Hey rep....thanks for checking in and posting. Welcome to the colony!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

ATS battle belt just arrived! Woo hoo, pics to follow.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Ok...ok...ok.

Brother Izzy was mocking me earlier for this but wanted to share my latest creation. I picked up a London Bridge Trading Company vest ($1 internet bux if you can guess from who) and some Eagle pouches in trade. Combining those with some existing pouches I put together this chest rig.

This is mostly for my masturbatory fantasies I freely admit that. I have no illusions that I'm gonna toss that over my head, whip on a war-belt and go all ninja.

That said, I thought this might an interesting addition to my stable of rigs (again mostly for kicks). Maybe it will generate some ideas for you.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I am new at getting ready for SHTF. What is Shemagh and where do I get quick clot and Celox. Great list! Thanks