Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MegaCPC View Post
    As it sits right there, canteens empty, roughly 40lbs - not too bad. It's missing a few things so I plan on 50lbs. On my "training exercises" I toss a 15lb weight in the pack to simulate added load from a simple "combat rig" I am putting together and plan to carry as well.

My goal is to avoid combat at all costs, but I'm still going to be packing a rifle or two, plus ammunition.
    I'll have to check, but iirc correctly, you're going to want to keep the frame then. I think its something like 30 pounds max if you go frameless. Like I said though, I'll have to double check.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Mine is the large pack, so I need the frame for the straps to attach to. Plus I like the way it sits, very solid. The belt isn't even that bad, its just the shoulder straps that bring the suck. Very little padding.

Not to mention the frame can be used without the pack to transport other things that would be hard to lug by themselves, like a water container.