Don't really know what to call this bag. It really isn't a bug out bag, it's more of a "fighting bag". Not trying to be cute but this guy isn't necessarily meant for long term sustenance. It's more for I need stuff to keep me in a protracted fight sorta thing.

That's probably slicing it too fine but there's where I am right now.

Stay tuned because I am planning a total overhaul of our real BOB's. I need to revamp those more for hurricane evacuation/toss in the back of the car and live in a hotel for a week sort of scenarios. More on this in a (soon to be) different thread.

So anyway....here she blows....

Clearly built on a.....wait for it......Maxpedition Condor II backback. Shock of all shocks I know.

I'll deal with the external stuff first and then break down the contents of each compartment later on once I do the total overhaul.

Clearly obvious is the Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag on the front. I've set this up as a "squad level resupply" with all sorts of bandages, kerlix, gunshot kits, etc. Not really sure what squad it's intended for, but this is meant to resupply my the "corpsmen bag" (read more about it HERE) as items are used up. While the FRB is basically a warehouse for my corpsmen bag, it can be used as a first aid kit. I've set it up so it's organized, not just supplied dumped in a bag. For example, there is a zippered pouch underneath the shears. In it is one of my gunshot kits.

Here's a better shot of the FRB:

Here are pics of both sides of the bag:

In them you can see the pouch for a radio, a generic ACU pouch which contains AR15 mags and 2 Glock 22 mags, smoke grenade pouch, and old style canteen.

Here's a picture of underneath:

I've got a nylon/blanket/ground cloth thing that would at least provide some protection should I have to sleep outside, or it just plain gets cold.

So that's the outside.

I'll work on the inside once I do the major overhaul of our true BOB's as I have a feeling that will spill over to this bag.