Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Loadout

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Your Emergency Loadout

Do you have a bag, container, duffel or blue plastic tub you use as a "grab and go" kit?

Got a Bug Out Bag setup you'd like to share?

Any sort of kit you use so you can grab a lot of gear in a short amount of time?

Just posting a list of equipment is ok and we all love pics. But it would be really cool to have explanations for why you've chosen the gear you have. Discuss why you put specific gear in specific places. If you can share any evolution of your gear that'd be appreciated too.

In other words, pics and equipment lists are nice but the reasons for them are better.

Premium Member

Though I do have several other small kits, my primary kit is a general use kit. I keep it ready to go for any emergency. Since I can’t carry much on my back, I use a game cart to handle the overwhelming majority of the items.

And since I have to use it anyway, I take advantage of the weight & space capacity and take rather more than most people recommend. Some of the additional weight and space is in the gear, but much of it, however, is in food. I can last well over a month just on what food I have with me.

If the situation changes, or is such that I must lighten or reduce the size of the load, I can merely drop or cache what I don’t need and keep going. Since I plan for many different situations, and can’t afford the duplication necessary for having a bag for each situation, I went with the following non-specific kit:

Field equipment kit (Evac/BOB/BIB/GOOD/INCH/DHS)

(Well on the way to having it all, but not quite yet.)

(It is a fairly comprehensive pick and choose list covering all four seasons and the terrain here in the High Desert. Not everyone needs everything. Some items would be left behind or cached, depending on the circumstances. And there are cheaper options available for some of the items for those on a tight budget.)

As to quantities of consumables, since I can carry much more on the game cart than I can on my back, I go for one month plus. I think three days minimum, seven days much better, and a month or more preferred. You will eat more when on the move than when bugging in, so up the amounts you think you would eat by 10% - 25%. Somewhere in the kit should be important documents in a water proof container.

Just my opinions.

Worn:

Propper khaki Tactical Pants – best quality/price/feature I’ve found
    Propper khaki Tactical shirt – as above
    Orvis Leather money pants belt (with 1/10 ounce gold Eagles) – nice belt, with slot. Gold coins for emergencies
    Rustedfables The Grizzly Leather Suspenders (brown) – hold the pants up better than elastic ones
    FOTL Boxer briefs (white) – Just my preference
    FOTL v-neck T-shirt (white) – Just my preference
    Wigwam F2161-051 Coolmax liner socks – good wicking
    Carhartt Wool boot socks – very warm even when wet
    Danner Ft. Lewis boots – just all around good boots w/goretex lining
    Akruba Territory Hat with chin strap wide brim hat (brown) – for sun protection
    Peltor Comtact II dual radio talk through hearing protection communications headset – best available I’ve found
    Petzl TacTikka XP LED headlamp on hat – has the features I want
    2 tan bandannas – Gotta have two. One for the nose, one for the neck or whatever
    Hatch Operator lightweight gloves – good for mild weather tasks that are hard on the hands.
    Hatch XTAK tan elbow pads – I fall down a lot
    Hatch XTAK tan knee pads – Ditto above
    Timex Automatic Self winding watch – No worries about batteries or winding, good price compared to others
    Wiley X JP-2-510 photochromic sunglasses – the only ones of quality I could find
    Zippo lighter/Brunton Helos butane lighter – Either will do. Easier to carry fuel for the butane, Zippo works at altitude
    Pantac Wallet C wallet w/cash & ID (tan) – just a nice simple nylon wallet. Cash… well, can’t have too much
    Maglight Solitare flashlight w/Tectite LED conversion w/AAA battery – extremely bright for 1 AAA
    Cold Steel Voyager medium plain edge pocket knife – good size/function/quality/price combination
    Spyderco CO8 Harpy pocket clip knife – hawkbill serated blade for getting out of lines, nets, and is a wicked last ditch weapon
    Tec-tite Tekna Ocean Edge Arm knife – an option for the boot knife. Already has harness for arm use
    Cold Steel Counter Tac II boot knife – good quality and price if you need a boot knife
    Nikon compact binoculars on chest harness (alternate: 7x50 Steiner Commander XP C) – have the Nikons, nice and small and very capable
    Write in the rain notebook in left shirt pocket – for note taking. Works well for a nice price
    2 Fisher Tactical Space pens in left shirt pocket – can’t lose the cap since there isn’t one. Write anywhere
    Arrowtech W-742 Dosimeter in left shirt pocket – if planning for nuke situation. Good price for new production
    Arrowtech W-138RM pen type rate meter in left shirt pocket – can use this instead of W-742 plus has rate meter function
    Cell phone in right shirt pocket – useful in some situation. Might not work in an emergency, but emergencies aren’t all the time.
    Dakota Alert M538-HT MURS hand held radio in pants radio pocket – Best option I’ve found for short rang comms.
    Garman Oregon 550T GPS in pants left cargo pouch (opt) – best of the bunch in my opinion, if you’re going to use one
    Kestrel 4500NV weather instrument in pants right cargo pouch (opt) – again, the best of the ones I’ve found if you need one
    Key ring w/Benchmade knife sharpener, whistle – Sharpener is very small and very effective, whistle is for signalling
    Leather change purse w/silver coins (brown) – the coins are for emergencies. The change purse keeps them together, separate from other things in the pocket
    Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP w/4 spare magazines in pocket holster in right rear pants pocket – great hideout gun, and the .32 ACP is useable in cartridge adapters in .308 and .30-’06 rifles for almost silent hunting of small game

In FMCO CSV-M10 Vest (4 double magazine pouches, 2 large utility pouches, 2 small utility pouches, 620ci field pack): High quality/military type accepted, purpose built, no mesh, no plastic zippers, no Velcro, pouches made to fit

8 20-round .308 magazine in 4 double pouches – about the maximum I can carry plus the rest of the items in the vest
    Brunton 8010G compass in 2nd small utility pouch – Very good quality/size/price option
    Motorola HT-750 low band business band handheld radio in 2nd small utility pouch – Low Band VHF (just above CB) gives the best medium range comms I think that are available besides Amateur radios Expensive
    Survival kit* in first large utility pouch – See below
    Hardware and tools kit** in second large utility pouch – See below
    MSR 3-liter hydration bladder in attached field pack – MSR is as good or better than the competition. Had good luck with their products. I’m in the high desert. Need a lot of water.

On TAG MOLLE Belt: - easy adjust, high quality

Glock 21SF in Tactical Taylor MOLLE holster (alternate: ParaOrdnance P-14) – Glock for price & capacity, holster can be configured in several ways
    Surefire G2 flashlight in Specter Gear MOLLE pouch – Great basic light, not too expensive. The pouch is the only one I’ve found specifically for the G2
    Cold Steel Oda in Spec-Ops MOLLE sheath – Based on the Randal #1, the Oda has a good sheath, but not MOLLE. The Spec-ops sheath solves the problem
    IFA kit in Custom Tactical SAR MOLLE pouch*** - See below
    Nalgene Guyot SS 38oz water bottle w/18oz cup & Maxpedition 4x10 MOLLE carrier – extra capacity/large opening/can be heated/big cup, & the pouch carries both plus room for other things, too.
    Soldiers Optimized Butt pack w/GI Poncho & Ranger Rick liner attached, 3 days food (jerky, gorp, Millennium ration bars), Otis Tactical gun cleaning kit, CD V-750 Model 6 manual dosimeter charger – SOB is laid out fairly well. Best of the aftermarkets I’ve found. Ranger Rick liner has head hole and zipper for sleeping bag, Otis Tactical will clean all the weapons I have or plan to get. The V-750M6 doesn’t need batteries to charge dosimeters
    Nalgene Guyot SS water bottle w/cup & Maxpedition 4x10 MOLLE carrier – second one for same reason
    OKC-3S bayonet in MOLLE sheath – like the Oda, the OKC-3S is much like the Randle R-1. Comes with the MOLLE sheath
    HSGI MOLLE Dump pouch – I like the construction of this one better than the competition for holding empties
    Leatherman Surge in one pocket of Spec-Ops brand dual MOLLE pouch – best balance of function vs weight. The dual sheath is easy to adjust and can take different sized items
    Wenger Survivor Swiss Army Knife in one pocket of Spec-Ops brand dual MOLLE pouch – It’s call the Survivor for a reason.
    Spec-Ops brand double MOLLE pouch w/2 pistol magazines – have extra magazine in the other gear. Two is enough. Same thing on the double pouch as above

Kifaru Marauder 2,500ci MOLLE back pack w/cargo chair & gunbearer options – Great quality, the smallest of the Kifaru that will take the cargo chair (I think). The chair and gunbearer let me carry what ever I need and have both hands free

In Marauder:

MSR 3-liter hydration bladder – second bladder. Just have to have plenty of water
    SAS Survival Handbook – Best of the field manuals in my opinion.
    Food for 3 days (Jerky, gorp, Millennium ration bars) – light, compact, nourishing, and tastes good
    Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter w/MP-1 tablets – best of the small filters in my opinion
    Extra underwear – standard reasons
    Extra socks – standard reasons
    Double zip-locked packet of important papers (copies of licenses, deeds, insurance, etc.) – might not be able to recover the originals

On Marauder:

PTR-91 MBR in gunbearer (alternate: Springfield M1A) – best value for the money in a .308. Prefer the .308 for its versatility
    Left side 2-quart GI canteen in Kifaru pouch – just more water. Unlike the bladders, can be poured from canteen to pot
    Right side 2-quart GI canteen in Kifaru pouch – ditto above
    Cold Steel E-tool – multipurpose. Digging, cooking, making debris huts, CQC weapon, best of the bunch in my opinion
    Cold Steel Rifleman’s tomahawk – prefer a hawk with a hammer head. I like Cold Steel’s quality vs price

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Jerry D, I have to give you an ata-boy....Not just because of the gear (your gear speaks for itself) but because you have the mindset to put some gear in a gamecart but keep a smaller version of the same gear on your person. That is a nice touch that should be noticed.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Premium Member

Thanks. I'll add the Game cart stuff as soon as the proplem I'm having with posting is fixed.
    Last edited by gunbuilder69; 02-25-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Premium Member

Continued from above:

Cabela’s Super magnum game cart w/dual wheel option w/ - best one out there

1st Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon tote w/additional clothing
    2 sets outerwear
    5 sets underwear
    10 bandanas
    1 extra pair Hatch Operator lightweight gloves
    1 Travelsmith leather safari coat medium coat (brown) – medium weather
    1 pair of Tempest insulated/water proof gloves – cold weather gloves
    1 Tasman lined drover’s coat (brown) – Cold weather coat
    2 sets Eddie Bauer merino wool long johns
    1 Adventure Medical Kits Backpacker’s sewing kit – small, inexpensive and effective
    1 pair Cabela’s Elk moccasins w/shearling lining – for those safe camps in the fall, winter, and spring
    1 pair Keen Newport H2 sandals – For water work
    1 pair Wiley X Nerve Goggle w/4 spare lenses – Best effective goggles I’ve found for the price
    1 Pick-of-life ice escape picks – carried handy in the winter when around the water/ice

2nd Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon tote w/tools, spares, and extras
    1 Grand Shelters Icebox Igloo building tool – for deep snow areas, not needed most places
    1 Grand Shelters Igloo door ditto above
    1 Duraworx mini-planting tool – substitute for the GI pick mattock
    1 Channellock Model 88 rescue tool – wire cutter, pry bar, wrench
    1 8” mill file – to sharpen axe/machete/e-tool
    1 EZE-Lap diamond paddle sharpening set – for extreme sharpening
    1 Wyoming knife w/3 spare blades – the classic for skinning big game
    300’ coyote brown 550 cord – used for all kinds of things. Can’t have too much
    Yaesu VR-500 wide band all mode handheld receiver w/Miracle Ducker LT antenna – smallest, most capable of the all band/all mode handheld receivers. The antenna keeps things compact, but better than the original
    1 Yaesu FT-897D w/Miracle Ducker TL tunable whip, Yo-Yo 6-reel dipole antenna – 100w HF/VHF/UHF all mode amateur radio/all band/all mode receiver
    1 Dakota Alert M538-HT MURS handheld radio – extra short-range radio
    2 Dakota Alert MAPS vehicle detectors w/MURS transmitter – perimeter security works with M538 radios
    4 Dakota Alert MAT motion sensors w/MURS transmitters – ditto above
    1 Night Watch 2 circuit tripwire alarm w/tripwire – hard to find, but effective and not too expensive
    1 Energizer windup LED flashlight – cheap and reliable so far
    1 Brunton SolarPort 4.4 & BattJack AA/AAA solar battery charger – keeps AA/AAA nicad rechargeables up to snuff
    1 Brunton Solo 15 & 3 Solaris 52 PV panels solar power supply – high priced, but effective portable power
    1 Gill net – best fishing option I’ve found
    1 Mobley’s Frog/fish gig head w/extra tines & telescoping pole – compact, inexpensive, effective on small game as well as fish and frogs
    1 set Bow string, nocks, fletching, binding, various arrowheads, B&A tool – to make expedient bow in the field with best chance of success
    1 reel Heavy fishline, for fishing arrows & gig head – don’t want to lose the arrows or gig
    1 Dozen Snare One 7x7 5/64” 42” cable snares w/swivel end – some of the best snares in my opinion. Used in lieu of hunting when camped in one place for a while
    1 Exploration Products Fresh Water Fishing kit w/kite string winder – nice inexpensive kit. String winder to save the hands from getting cut up on the line
    2 CR-1 spares carriers w/G-2 bulb & 6 CR-123A spare batteries each – keep the bulb and batteries together & protected
    Extra CR-123A batteries in 4-cell carriers -
    Extra AA rechargeable batteries in 4-cell carriers
    Extra AAA rechargeable batteries in 6-cell carriers
    Extra pair Danner boots – if possible
    Extra boot laces
    Extra Zippo fuel, spare wicks & flints
    Extra butane fuel for lighter
    Extra butane torch fuel
    Extra first aid supplies
    Extra hardware
    Extra ammunition in bandoleers
    Extra Otis gun cleaning patches and Breakfree CLP

3rd Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon tote w/cooking, water, & sanitations items
    1 Sawyer Point Zero Two Absolute 4-liter water purification system – best of the purifiers in my opinion
    4 10-liter MSR water bladders – can carry plenty of extra water in a conformable bladder
    1 MSR Campers washcloth & towel, AGS Labs Camp soap, compact hair brush – gotta stay clean
    4 Charmin To-Go Toilet paper packets/wipe rags(boiled and sun dried to sanitize) – gotta go
    1 Gold Bond Foot powder – essential in very hot or humid conditions
    1 Chapstik SPF-15 lib balm – prevents lip burn
    1 4oz bottle Herbal 22 Insect repellent – keeps the insects away in a good container
    1 pocket pack Q-tips – I have waxy ears.
    1 MSR Dragonfly multi-fuel stove – Very effective, good price, reliable
    4 MSR fuel bottles – at least one spare. Four are better
    1 German GI nesting knife/fork/spoon/can opener set – heavy, but also heavy duty, includes good can opener
    1 MSR SS cook set w/tea kettle & kitchen tools – a bit heavy, but tough as all get out
    8 SS cooking skewers – for cooking small game, roasting tubers, etc over open fire
    1 Coleman SS steel double wall cup – keeps the hot chocolate and hot tea hot for a while in the cold mornings and evenings
    1 REI Backpackers fire grill – for when you have an open fire but building a pit/fire ring is difficult or impossible
    1 GSI pressure cooker w/liner pot – an option that allows quicker cooking of many dishes. Can leave behind
    1 Lodge Cast iron skillet w/lid – for set camps using fresh foods. Can leave behind
    1 Lodge Dutch oven w/lid – as above
    1 Fire tongs – when planning open fires
    1 Grilling basket – as above
    1 pair 19” fireplace fireproof gloves – as above

4th Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon tote w/food - basic cooking supplies and foods
    Salt
    Pepper
    beef bouillon
    sugar
    spices
    baking powder
    coconut oil
    honey
    flour
    corn meal
    powdered milk
    lentils
    dried beans
    rice
    tea bags
    hot chocolate packets
    Emergen-C packets
    lemon juice
    hard candy
    waxed chocolate
    Tootsie Rolls
    Chickletts 2-piece chewing gum
    Millennium ration bars
    Snickers Marathon Protein Bars
    Jerky
    Pemmican U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.
    dried fruit
    fruit cake
    gorp (~equal amounts of premium mixed nuts, chopped dates, and M&Ms)
    Mountain House meals
    MREs
    Instant oats packets
    Instant grits packets
    Instant potatoes packets
    18 ounce SS flask Hennessy Paradis Extra Cognac

5th Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon tote w/more food

Lashed on top of totes:

1 FMCO vest set up for Remington 11-87 shotgun – same as other FMCO vest only for 12 gauge
    1 NetPack 5354 wheeled 40” duffel bag w/pair Cabela’s Pinnicle Gortex cold weather insulated gloves, Carhartt Arctic Bibs, Carhartt Arctic Parka w/hood, NEOS over boots, Mustang Survival auto inflate flotation vest, Millennium respirator, OptimAir 6A PAPR, CBRN suit, gloves, boots, acc – cold weather and CBRNE gear kept together in one place. Easier to stow in a soft bag than totes
    1 set MSR Denali EVO Snow shoes & MSR Denali III poles – if in snow country. Leave behind if not
    1 12’ sling rope w/2 snap rings – general purpose short rope. Pulling/lifting/rescue/securing/etc
    2 Edelwies 200’ static climbing rope w/set of carabiners & pulleys – Only if you know what you are doing and are likely to need to climb or belay
    1 Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 3 person/4 season tent w/fly – best compromise of price/size/weight/capability
    1 Slumberjack sleep system w/Thermarest self inflating mattress – System is good from warm weather down to -30°F. I need lots of comfortable sleep when I can get it.
    2 silnylon tarps w/poles, stakes, and para cord – Additional protection when camping on one place for a while
    1 Hardigg iM3300 gun case with Remington 11-87 custom shotgun, H&R/NEF .30-’06 single shot scoped rifle w/.32 ACP adapters, (alternate: Remington 700 .30-’06), Glock 30SF spare pistol – Hardigg cases are the best I’ve found for a critical item. The 11-87 is dual purpose. The .30-’06 is sniping/hunting. The G30 is a spare
    (optional: 2nd case w/Remington 700 .375 H&H Mag)
    1 Alpacka Fjord Explore cargo raft w/oars, oar frame, seat, attachable skeg – for areas where crossing streams too deep to wade. Small/light/capable
    1 D-handle small round point shovel – easier to use than the e-tool in many situations
    1 Cold Steel 24” Latin machete – for general machete work. I like the 24” for its capabilities and heft
    1 Stanley 30” Entry tool – multipurpose tool for getting into and out of several situations
    1 Iltis Oxhead double bit axe – for times when camping in wooded area in the cold call from some serious firewood
    1 Sven 21” folding saw – for general use around camp for firewood, poles/etc.
    1 ATAS-25 multiband portable antenna w/tripod – a longer range antenna for the FT-897D
    1 Fire tripod – when anticipating open fires
    1 Fire spit & supports – ditto above
    1 Kifaru pulk w/steering & brake package – for deep snow areas. One of the best. Expensive
    Last edited by gunbuilder69; 02-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Premium Member

Continued from above:

*Survival Kit (in FMCO vest utility pouch) – I think most of these item are pretty self-explanatory

1 SAS Essential Survival Guide (compact version)
    1 Buck 110 folding belt knife
    1 Fisher black bullet pen
    1 Storm-Saf note pad
    1 BCB explorer button compass
    1 Mag-Light Mini Maglight 2AA w/Terra-lux LED conversion
    8 Energizer AA ultra Lithium battery in two carriers
    1 Blast match fire starter
    2 containers Lifeboat matches
    1 8-pack Wet fire tinder
    1 Bic lighter
    1 leather bootlace to make fire bow
    4 Daytrex 4.2 oz water packets
    1 Sawyer Point Zero Two Absolute water bottle purifier
    1 10”x4” Maxpedition water bottle carrier
    1 Storm whistle
    2 neck lanyard (whistle & knife)
    1 mini can Orange spray paint
    1 1”x200’ orange survey tape
    1 mini-Air horn
    1 Starflash 3”x5” signal mirror
    1 TrueFlare penflare kit (launcher, 12 flares, case)
    1 emergency hooded space blanket
    1 lightweight space blanket bag
    1 tube tent
    1 300’ 550 cord
    1 P-51 can opener
    1 old style beer can and bottle opener
    1 SS table spoon
    4 beef bouillon cubes
    12 Millennium energy bars
    1 fresh water fishing kit
    1 gill net
    1 1-liter water bag
    1 coffee filter support sheath w/20 filters
    4 sheets aluminum foil
    1 Esbit stove/Tommy cooker
    4 12-count Esbit stove fuel tablets
    1 small roll Gorilla duct tape flattened
    1 24 gauge x 55’ brass wire
    1 pocket chainsaw
    4 heavy duty garbage bags
    2 Israeli 6” trauma bandages
    12 Medique Medi-Lyte heat relief tablets 2-pack
    4 alcohol prep pads
    4 Pepto Bismo 2-pack
    4 Excedrin 2-pak
    1 Charmin To Go 55 sheet pack toilet paper
    1 pair emergency sunglasses

**Hardware & tools kit list (in FMCO double .223 bandoleer pouch on belt) – extra small tools, plus some items for general use, to make repairs, and to fabricate items in the field. Some are for urban situations.

1 Leatherman Crunch
    1 Leatherman Supertool 300
    1 Victorinox Swiss Army Work Champ Swiss Army Knife
    1 Glass cutter
    1 300’ 550 cord
    1 Small roll Gorilla duct tape flattened
    1 12 gauge x 15’ insulated electrical wire
    1 16 gauge x 50’ mechanic’s wire
    1 24 gauge x 55’ brass wire
    1 Roll 3M ¾” x 66’ electrical tape
    1 Industrial JB weld
    1 Tube of Goop
    1 Tube of clear Shoe Goo
    1 Small spray can WD-40
    1 Small can 3-in-1 oil
    12 11” releasable tie-wraps
    12 4” 10d nails
    4 7” spike nails
    4 Mini sharpies
    1 Mini spray can orange paint
    1 1” x 200’ orange survey tape
    1 Blazer PB 207 2500 degree micro torch

***First-aid kit (in one of the FMCO vest utility pouches)(additional supplies on cart) – All the items are my personal preferred items

1 CPR safety shield
    4 pair exam gloves
    2 1-oz bottle Purell hand sanitizer
    10 Therma-Dot single use thermometer
    1 Fisher space pen
    1 Storm-Saf not pad
    4 individual wrapped tongue depressors
    4 individual wrapped cotton tip applicators
    1 small roll Gorilla duct tape flattened
    4 bite sticks
    4 ammonia ampoules
    1 small flask Everclear 190 proof PGA
    4 honey packets (for hot toddies)
    4 lemon juice packets (for hot toddies)
    2 Camelback Elixir 12-pack electrolyte solution
    12 Excedrin 2-pack
    12 Alka Seltzer 2-pack
    1 25ct bottle Dulcolax laxative
    12 Pepto Bismol 2-pack diarrhea medication
    12 NyQuill daytime cold medicine 2-pack
    12 NyQuill nighttime cold medicine 2-pack
    12 Benadryl antihistamine/allergy med 2-pack
    2 Chloraseptic throat lozenges 6-pack
    6 Water-Jel Burn relief 3.5g packets
    6 Water-Jel 1/32 oz triple antibiotic ointment packet
    6 hydrocortizone 1/32 oz packet
    3 15g jell glucose
    4 Sting-kill wipes
    4 IvyX cleanser wipes
    4 alcohol prep pad
    4 PAWS antimicrobial wipes
    4 Providone/Iodine prep pad
    1 Asherman chest seal
    1 20cc irrigation syringe
    1 250ml bottle sodium chloride irrigation solution
    1 4 oz bottle eye wash
    1 eye wash cup
    1 combat application tourniquet
    1 self applied restricting band
    1 1”x10yd adhesive tape roll
    1 Dr. Scholls moleskin deluxe
    4 1”x3” bandaids
    4 fingertip bandaids
    4 knuckle bandaids
    12 ½” x 2 7/8” butterfly wound closures
    4 2”x3” medium patch bandage
    2 2”x4” elbow/knee bandage
    2 Emergency Israeli 6” trauma bandage
    2 sterile oval gauze eye pad
    4 2”x2” gauze pads 2-pack
    8 4”x4” gauze pads
    1 2” gauze roll
    1 4” ace bandage
    4 4”x4” Water-Jel burn dressing
    2 31”x31”x51” triangular bandage
    1 SAM finger splint
    1 7 ¼” utility scissors
    1 3 ½” tweezers
    4 single use Krazy glue
    1 surgical stapler kit w/35 staples
    1 Sawyer bite & sting kit
    1 brown recluse spider F/A kit
    1 deluxe emergency dental kit

Important documents:

Important records should be kept in such a way as to be safe in case of fire, flood, earthquake and other disasters and to have available for quick access when needed.

Keep originals in appropriate places w/copies and/or condensed versions in the various emergency kits including BOBs, BIBs, GHBs, GOOD bags, INCH bags, evacuation kits, hurricane kits, etc.

It is also good to keep a set of copies off-site so they can be retrieved even if you have to leave without anything.

Automotive paperwork: registration, title, insurance card

Business records: Company ID, bylaws, emergency plan, employee contact list, contracts, supplier info, customer info, incorporation records, partnership records, accounts receivable, accounts payable,

Computer records: accounts, passwords, website info, etc

Employment records: Company ID, employee handbook w/emergency plan, pay stub

Family contacts: name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail, code word for proof of identity

Financial records: checking account info, savings account info, bankruptcy decree, credit card info, loan info, utilities info, safe deposit boxes

Future death information: will, funeral arrangements, cemetery plots

Household records: Deed, mortgage, appraisals & inventory of home & contents, warranties

ID: Driver’s license, passport, state ID card, naturalization certificate, permanent resident card, birth certificates, adoption records

Insurance records: Auto, home, health, life, disability, insurance cards, Medicare/Medicaid card, any other insurance cards

Investment records: stocks, bonds, etc

Legal records: marriage certificate, prenups, executor of estate, divorce decree, powers of attorney, death certificates, criminal history, trust documents, military discharge (DD214),

Medical records: Medical Power of Attorney, living will, allergies, prescriptions, current illnesses/problems, past major medical history

Professional help info: Insurance agents, accountant, lawyers, doctor(s), dentist,

Religious records: Christening, baptismal, confirmation,

School records: high school diploma, college diploma, college degrees, trade school diplomas

Tax records: Social Security Card, personal tax records for 3 years, business tax records for 3 years, property tax info

Any questions, feel free to ask. Please remember that I don’t expect everyone to need or want everything on the list. It’s just a reminder of what is available and might be needed for some people in some situations.

Premium Member

i have 2

well 2 and a mini for the boy

the 2 big ones are for me and the wife, mine is a version of a military approach load in a Molle II pack

Hers is a slightly lighter version of the same thing.

I re pack it for summer and then change it out for winter too. Slightly different gear.

For ex i don't have over whites in the summer. I carry extra poncho liners for the winter

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Mine's been a work in progress for quite a while, but I'll share with you what I have done so far. I'll highlight some of the "featured" items and refrain from showing most of the standard run of the mill stuff.

Keep in mind, all of these items stay in my vehicle, so they're readily accessible. I plan on making it home or driving the car till I no longer can before pulling this stuff out. Or, if this S has hit the Fan really bad, I'll break it out.

Here's the whole shebang.

It's a tiered system. I can wear all or just pick apart what I need.
    Blackhawk 3 day assault pack. Most cases, I see just using the pack.

It has the standard stuff. MRE's; extra clothes, socks, undies, t-shirts, etc.;
    fishing gear; mess kit; Coleman max backpacking stove and 2 fuel cylinders; extra gear straps; duct tape; 300 ft. 550 cord; firestarting kit- lighters, matches, dryer lint, magnesium, all housed in an old peanut butter jar; camelbak; 2 extra nalgenes; Gore-tex parka; 2 GI ponchos; tent stakes;
    poncho liner in bedroll at bottom; 6x primary rifle mags; drop in 22 conversion for AR, 2 .22 magazines, and extra ammo

Gerber LMF II and Ontario SP-16 SPAX (good for everything from camp chores like cutting wood to opening up fire hydrants and O2 tanks)

and Let's not forget the flask. I thought this could come in hands for everything from firestarting to possible trading fodder. Especially since it's full. LOL

One thing I forgot to mention in the pack is the hygiene kit. Just because it's hit the fan, dont mean I gotta stink.

here's the contents:

I have an ample supply of butt cream. Iraq taught me that swampy butt rash sucks.

Next is the belt

Buttpack:
    2 stripped mre's and 3 packs of starkist tuna; water putification tabs; small firestarting kit; 2 emergency blankets; Blackhawk SOLAG gloves; my Shemagh (never know how handythat one will come in); Batteries- 9 volt, CR-123'3, and AA's; emergency strobe; compass

2 QTS water
    3 Mags for my pistol
    another MCnett Towell

Trauma Kit:

Plenty of Celox and Quik-Clot; Israeli bandage, chest seal; lots of gauze and kerlex; tourniquet, shears