Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bov .. Which would be better.. Gas or diesel

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Jeeper View Post
    DC amp draw is a big concern on AC connections. Of larger concern would be load rating of the hitch connection. While a tow hitch is rated for towing weight, trailer towing exerts force differently than winching force. A 9k winch and a snatch block can push 18k lbs of lateral force. That's a lot on a 3/4" receiver pin.
    Hi FL-Jeeper,

Thanks for bringing this up, its a possible serious weakness in the chain of maxing out loads.
    I'll have the winch front bumper mounted 99.9% of the time and only plan to use it on the rear to pull me back through my tracks in some mud type situations. I was reading up in some offroad and expedition sites about shear and tensile strength and the consensus was if the Class III hitch is well installed, the hitch fits snug and the hitch pin is grade 5+ it should all be ok. Thanks for prompting me to read up!!

After I get it all installed I will be going out to practice safe winching techniques.

What is the FL in your name short for?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by Metrocruiser View Post
    Hi FL-Jeeper,

What is the FL in your name short for?
    I'm guessin' Florida.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I'm guessin' Florida.
    Thanks for the bump Grump'. I missed this one...

Yes Metro, Florida.