Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medical items.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Ladies I have three words: yeast infection creme

I don't mean to be crass fellas ... ladies can you imagine an infection in that area ... and not being able to go get that 10 dollar tube of medical cream? Me I have a 10 year supply just in case!
    Ok Sparrow, girlfriend...this is the stuff that goes on the Ladies Forum LOL!

Where's the epi?

I think you buy whatever you can afford, stash anything you can. If you can use it great, if you don't have the knowledge that's ok because someone in your group may or if all else fails you can barter with it. If you are set on your other supplies it's certainly time to stock up on a variety of med supplies...there is no such thing as too much.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Ok Sparrow, girlfriend...this is the stuff that goes on the Ladies Forum LOL!
    I actually would disagree here. There are undoubtedly discussions between you that are better left private (I grew up in an otherwise all woman household, I am quite possibly wise beyond my need in this, lol), but, I also look at it like this: If I, as a male - and the only active prepper in my household - have a combative or unresponsive spouse/ embarrassed teen girl, I'm going to want a resource I can turn to for determining what her product needs may be. How it works, or why, or in comparison to... is definitely not my need to know, but what my household needs, is.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I actually would disagree here. There are undoubtedly discussions between you that are better left private (I grew up in an otherwise all woman household, I am quite possibly wise beyond my need in this, lol), but, I also look at it like this: If I, as a male - and the only active prepper in my household - have a combative or unresponsive spouse/ embarrassed teen girl, I'm going to want a resource I can turn to for determining what her product needs may be. How it works, or why, or in comparison to... is definitely not my need to know, but what my household needs, is.
    I agree 100%

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Agreed....I don't have that bag of pads just as pressure dressings. My wife is in on the prepping idea but I have a few daughters and might need input from a female prepper with more experience in this area. I may have 1000 rounds of .22 but not one Midol pill.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Ok, everyone can stop beating me up now about my response. As you can see I wrote LOL at the end...it was a tongue in cheeck response. I can see people are taking issue with it. please???? I feel bad.

For the Love of Cats

That is the reason I hate seeing 'ladies' or 'youth' threads on different forums. sure it is a private place to talk... but if things are being discussed that may help me be more preparred, I feel like I'm missing out.

I sneaked around in my wife's cupboard, and found her prefered brand and size of products and bought and stashed away a couple years worth, and have things like midol... but would never have thought of yeast cream.

I will probably also end up with my wife's ill-equipt sisters' family at my place post SHTF including her teenage boy and girl. I, as a non-parent, don't have a clue what 'extra' things they might require

I went Amazon.com and bought the following fish antibiotics:

penicillin 250 mg
    amoxicillin 250 mg
    cephalexin 500 mg
    metronidazole 250 mg
    tetracycline 250 mg

I bought 2 bottles of each and paid $143.16 total including shipping.

I'll try to get more as soon as I get some more money.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

make sure you keep a goot eye on that tetracycline. When that stuff goes bad it's not pretty if used.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

K, so hurry up and get an infection and try some of them out, report back!

j/k