Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers (National Geographic)

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Doomsday Preppers (National Geographic)

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

watched this last night. i found it really interesting, especially the guy with the bunker in utah. I also found it interesting that they all talked about opsec, yet they were showing their stuff on a national geographic special
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Maybe there meaning for OPSEC is.....opposing security.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Watched last night after the 8 Ball League. I lost my match and so I needed something to divert my attention. It was interesting to see what people prepare for and how. I agree with Izzy that OPSEC wasn't a real high priority for these folks. What I was curious about was NGC's "expert". Who was he/she and what makes him/her qualified?

This is fairly typical NGC programming, and while it wasn't overt, there was still an undercurrent of subtle ridicule of the Preppers, as in "our experts have examined your preps and found them lacking in the following areas.......". That is annoying to me.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Did not watch it yet, but I will asap. Just thought that it needed to be posted anyway. Hope it is good.

Premium Member

Awesome! Thanks for posting the vids! I missed it last night....

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

for what it's worth, I did still enjoy the show. especially bunker guy, and the folks that turned their pool into a self sustaining greenhouse with veggies and tiliapia....lots of tilapia. i'd be sick of fish if i had to eat them everyday like they did.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

I enjoyed it also. Wonder how he keeps 20 feet of dirt from caving in his bunker. They didn't show that part. Still, some good ideas.

I'll most likely shit myself

Gonna have to give it a view.

Premium Member

Just watched it. The only thing that bugged me is the first dude kept saying "WHEN the corneal mass....." Not, IF. Actually, just the fact he was adamant that it was going to happen kinda bugged me. Just because I feel that it helps project the image that preppers are tin foil. I wish they could have left it more vague.... IE: IF something happens, I'm ready. This is what I did....

And, those SC guys...WOW! Now THAT is a set up! Pretty much my dream set-up actually. Those guys were impressive.
    Last edited by beginner; 06-29-2011 at 06:16 AM.