Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: American Blackout

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    BWRR, you didn't miss much. I erased it from my disc. It does, however show some classic sheeple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    It was pretty lame.
    yeah. i didn't want to do a review and "spoil" the "nothing too miss"

really wasn't that much to it. it was funny and i laughed a lot. some folks are really better off as "sheeple".

if i had it to do all over again? i would have watched The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead. better way to spend 2 hrs. IMO
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I was ticked that I canceled two other shows to record this. It totally glossed over a lot of the problems and gave no new ideas or scenarios. I felt like it was made to show young school children and not the general public.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^
    this.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sorry I wasted everyones time with this. I had hopes it would be worth a shit. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but sounds like I don't need to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Sorry I wasted everyones time with this. I had hopes it would be worth a shit. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but sounds like I don't need to bother.
    Oh, dont get me wrong. I found it entertaining. At least it got the subject matter out there.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I think it woke my 14 year old up a little. He said it scared him a bit.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Well maybe not a total waste then. Or could it be we just look at things with a much more critical eye??

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Well maybe not a total waste then. Or could it be we just look at things with a much more critical eye??
    I think we look at it with a more critical eye.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I think it woke my 14 year old up a little. He said it scared him a bit.
    I think it did the same for my wife

I found the initial premise believable: cyber-terrorist take out the grid by hacking into systems and overloading the grid. My sister used to work for Westinghouse building software to control power distribution and such, and from her I know that if you get in, you can do bad things.
    The (unfortunate) message I got form this show was the GOV will come and save you, if you can hold out for 2 weeks. Just listen and follow their directions. The nice food camps, the "foreign" aid coming in. Only 2 weeks to get power back after transformers blow from voltage surges on a national level?

Any comments on the “prepper” guy? In some ways I found him the most flawed and believable at the same time. He was a good example of you can't go it alone. He had too much stuff to defend by himself, without much support from his family and the loser boyfriend of his daughter. What good does it do to store 2 years of food it you are alone and unable to secure.
    Just my opinion, but he would have been better off meeting the neighbor at the fence with a similar attitude of we are all in it together. Don’t give away any info, but tell him how you don’t have much either, but that you will help any way you can. Get the neighbors to think you are in the same unprepared boat, but that you will share what little you do have “in a spirit of community”. At least then they may not come busting in if your friendly as opposed to meeting the guy at the fence with a drawn gun.