Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meat Glue the Meat Industries Dirty Little Secret

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    The problem with a lot of butchers is that you may not get your meat back. Say you bring in 100 lb carcass. A butcher knows that he will get about 33 lbs of meat off that. He then gets all the stuff people brought in and makes x number of hamburger, x number of steaks, and so on. He then gives you 33 lbs of meat. It may or may not be what you brought in. That is why I never let someone process my kills for me.

Yes that is true and that is where you have to get to know the butcher, ask neighbors, friends about the butcher. It is sad that you can't trust a mans word these days anymore, and a hand shake is not a sealed deal either. So if you can hunt, process and store your meat, then start doing it. If you can't, all you can do is trust someone or stand there watching them. Why can't it just go back to the Gunsmoke days or the Little House on the Prairie days where neighbors helped each other and you paid the Dr. with a chicken or a pie. Guess I am going to have to make my own little town with family and friends. Maybe call it Tazville.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

You're more than welcome to move on up to Sniper-ville.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.