Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Well, I have an iPad, but it is bigger and heavier. i really need something to put my computer language books, survival manuals and stuff to take along with me. This Kindle seems to be more practical, a lot lighter, and have better outside reading. I really have to look into it.

I'll most likely shit myself

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

RJ here's where I got our at. I have found that there are a lot of free books available, some that cost very little ($3.99 of less), others that are a good break from the hardback or paperback versions, others that have no price break at all. Lots of title's available.

I did get a Leather cover for ours, for protection as much as anything, a car charger for $2.95 (should be useful when traveling espically if the battery life is not as good as reported), and a small light (I like to read late at night with the room dark).

I haven't loaded any PDF's yet, but I don't expect it to be a big deal.

I recently re-read "When Worlds Collide" and "After Worlds Collide". Just finished "The Help", wanted to read it before I saw the movie. I'm taking classes right now so have to spend most of my time reading textbooks: Homer's "Iliad" and a book about Urban Europe during the Middle Ages, also just finished "The Turn of the Screw." As you can tell, I like to read!

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    I am reading shtfready.com

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
    I am reading shtfready.com
    A notebook of ideas that end up in a story called End Game
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Premium Member

Last I read was Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Bracken. I'm now reading the next installment of that series. Domestic Enemies I think it's called. Sad to say, it's not too difficult to imagine these books as non fiction.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

End Game, and waiting for the next Jerry D. Young story to come out.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

I just received a new copy of "When Technology Fails" to get started on (Thanks Stormy). Also reading a couple books on gardening and prepping your land for gardening to keep soil nutrients high on the Kindle.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I just got a used copy of "The Way Things Work" by C. Van Amerongen. This is the book that was mentioned prominently in Niven & Pournelle's "Lucifer's Hammer". It is an illustrated encyclopedia of the operating principles of most every machine in use at the time of publication in 1967. It is overwhelming in its information. That coupled with deCamp's "Ancient Engineers" and the Foxfire books provide the base of my "how-to" library. It was ~$25 shipped and was a hell of a find. I've been looking for this for several years and all I could ever find was McCauley's children's book of the same title. I'm stoked!!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

Just finished reading: Armeggedon Survival Handbook

Rainer Stahlberg

8 chapters
    1 general
    2 economic
    3 climactic
    4 terrorists
    5 warfare
    6 ecological
    7 political
    8 bizzarre

Each chapter contains several scenarios and is then further broken down into 'day 1, day 2, day 3...etc.

and this goes from how to recognize the onset, how to prepare before, what to do during, and of course how to survive it.

I don't know if there is a pdf... I'm oldschool, I like books.

look here:
    THE ARMAGEDDON SURVIVAL HANDBOOK: HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ANY POSSIBLE