Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    In a week (ish) I'm heading back country for a week+. recommendations for some hard copy books I can pick up and take. ???

no kindle!
    no internet!
    no phones!
    think 1900's
    ... with sleds! woohooo! lol
    The Far SIde: The Chickens are Restless
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Right now One Second After. Good read. Also have been in Rawles book as well. I also downloaded about 50 free titles for the kindle last week. Several of those are collage level chemistry, math, physics, & history.
    Reading that right now too! Have any of you read Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman? Someone gave it to me about 20 years ago and I passed it down to my son who cherishes it.
    I apologize for nothing...

Walking on Sunshine

Besides the board, just got finished with Inheritance by Christopher Paoli third in the Eragon dragon riders series. Love my Sci-Fi, fantasy books.

Where's the epi?

Katrina I have to admit that I love sci fi/murder/mystery/horror too. I'm a Harry Potter fan.

A laugh a minute
    Just finished reading the Chicken soup for the soul A Book of Miracles. By Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and LeAnn Theiman. Now I have nothing to read. So I am going to write some more on my book. That is until my next Mother Earth News magazine comes in.

Where's the epi?

Do any of you get the "offshoot" series that Mother Earth has out? Can't remember the exact name of it but it comes out 4 times a year and is awesome.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I've been thinking about studying a language.
    Being of Scottish decent, I've always wanted to learn Gaelic, but a language you cannot practice will be lost. I have kinda wanted to learn Russian, but the same logic applies.
    Lately, I've been thinking about Spanish. I actually have no desire to learn it for myself. However, it would seem that post-SHTF of almost any kind, you'd need it sooner or later, unless you're hidden way out there. Practice would be everywhere, since it's being forced down our throats with signs and packaging.
    If you're going to barter post-SHTF, you're going to have to meet and interact with people. Realistically, if someone who doesn't speak very good English has what you need, does that change the fact that you need it? Spanish seems to be the most prevalent other language that I've noticed.
    Not to mention, overheard Spanish about what someone plans to do to you, that they think you don't understand, is certainly to your advantage if you know it.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Do any of you get the "offshoot" series that Mother Earth has out? Can't remember the exact name of it but it comes out 4 times a year and is awesome.
    Do you mean Grit? Just got the card for that in my Mother Earth mag. Going to start getting it soon. But you canbuy it at BAM.

Where's the epi?

Taz,
    There are 2 from Mother that are spin offs:
    the Wiser Living Series and the Food & Garden Series
    Both are really good ones.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Last few were:
    The Foxfire Book.
    Total Money Makeover
    and 2012 Farmer's Almanac

Taz, been thinking of getting Grit magazine myself, looks like it would have a wealth of information for us.