Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

Administrator

Lights out by David Crawford. A SHTF scenario about an EMP blast that knocks out the country. Definitely a page turner.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Started reading Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian, its the book that the movie with Russel Crowe was based off of. So far its a very difficult read as the author writes everything exactly in the old english talk of the day so i dont understand half of what they are saying. Ill give it a few more chapters then im moving on to something else.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

A laugh a minute
    started reading the Vampire Academy Novel series by Richelle Meads. 5 books total, and after 3 days I,m on the 4th one. Can,t seem to put them down. But what else is there to do when it is raining? Sniper don,t answer that,
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I'm reading Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin of Game of Thrones fame. It's a Vampire novel set in 1856 on a Mississippi River Steamboat. pretty good!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I just finished "Survivors" by J.W. Rawles and am starting "Founders"
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

The "Tomorrow When the War Began" series.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Just started re-reading Unintended Consequences, cant get enough of this book!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I just finished "Unbroken", the story of Olympic runner Louie Zamperini, a WWII Bombardier in a B-24 who survived 2 years in a Japanese POW camp. An amazing story! And his PTSD was extreme, but he beat it with the help of a young evangelist doing his first tent meeting in California, Billy Graham. A great read, from the author of Seabiscuit.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

The wife finished that book a little while back Grumpy. Not normally her style of book, but she couldn't put it down.

Last full read I had was "The Harbinger". It was a good read, I highly recommend it.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinasurvivalist View Post
    Finished lights out, 77 days in september, and patriots recently. Just started enemies foreign and domestic.
    Once you finish Enemies Foreign and Domestic, you will have to move to the next novel, The Reconquista, excellent reading!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.