Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^
    ROTFLMAO

In that case, I might add American Rifleman, Guns and Ammo, CHeaper than Dirt, and on some days, Victorias Secret.........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Well Izzy, you guys asked what I was reading now. A little later in the day a friend in Idaho was telling me about his friend, the ranger at Mt Ranier, who was killed recently by a young man suffering from PTSD. As that brought home my own mortality I re-read Meditation XVII by John Donne, the Anglican Cleric. I have included a link for online reading, in case you don't have a hard copy as I do. You may wish to read it.

John Donne. Meditation 17. [No man is an island... For whom the bell tolls, etc.]
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

" How to Survive The End of the World as We Know It" J.W. Rawles
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the link Grumpy.

Ok, so decided to start a second book while I'm at it.

Tale of two guns by Tiger McKee
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I just got through viewing "Atlas Shrugged:Part 1". I've run out of fresh reading material, so I dug out my old paperback copy and am rereading, for the 8th or 9th time in the last 30+ years, "Atlas Shrugged". Who is John Galt?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

A laugh a minute
    just finished Barrage and wanting more.
    before that was the shack by William P. Young. That is nothing like I expected. Great book

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    just finished Barrage and wanting more.

working on that for you, Taz

I'll most likely shit myself

Right now One Second After. Good read. Also have been in Rawles book as well. I also downloaded about 50 free titles for the kindle last week. Several of those are collage level chemistry, math, physics, & history.

For the Love of Cats

In a week (ish) I'm heading back country for a week+. recommendations for some hard copy books I can pick up and take. ???

no kindle!
    no internet!
    no phones!
    think 1900's
    ... with sleds! woohooo! lol