Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I recommend "The Long Walk" by S. King.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Medal of Honor by Allen Mikaelian. Covers CMH individuals from the Cival War to present time.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Just finished re-reading Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Where's the epi?

Getting ready to start "The Harbinger" by Jonathan Cahn
    I apologize for nothing...

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    im actually reading Seal Team Six right now
    I have to ask Izzy, which rendition are you reading? There have been many written, some true, some not, some good, some not. One of the better ones is "First Seal" About Roy Henry Bohem. Even Richard Marcinko's first 2 books were in line for the most part. Rouge Warrior and Red Cell, were factual for the most part. Just as long as you can handle the ego and testosterone. Red Cell's reputation was by far outstanding in my opinion having been "taken" by Red forces. I can assure you that today Red Cell would have a hay day with our security forces and military installations. Anyway I hope it's worth the read. I'm currently reading "Medusa" by Clive Cussler. I've pretty much read all of his.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Just started one called "The Lazy Gardener"
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thinks it might be German

"God Willing: My Wild Ride with the New Iraqi Army" by Capt. Eric Navarro USMCR

I'm about halfway through, and so far, it's been a great read. Really points out the cultural differences between Americans (or anyone for that matter) and the Muslims in that part of the world.

Amazon Discription:
    Ten U.S. Marines are assigned to live, train, and go into battle with more than five hundred raw and undisciplined Iraqi soldiers. A member of this Adviser Support Team, Capt. Eric Navarro, recounts their tour in vivid and brutally honest detail. Their deployment comes at a particularly important time in the war. The Battle of Fallujah is raging, and President Bush has proclaimed training the Iraqi forces is the key to winning the war. Once they stand up, we can stand down, or so the theory goes. Navarro’s team, nicknamed The Drifters, faces countless roadblocks—no interpreters initially, limited supplies, little contact with other U.S. forces, and a vast cultural gulf with the Iraqis. One hackneyed and fatalistic Arabic phrase seems to sum up the mission, “Insha Allah,” which translates as “God willing” or “if God wills it.”
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Just started "The Wind Through the Keyhole".....S.King
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Starting on The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

That book will piss you off Grumpy. At least it did me when I read it. A very good read IMO.