Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying alive

CC Gray Panther

Staying alive

Posted a reply to Stormy in Colorado thread. Thought I'd post here and get your thought.

Would you eat your pet or even another human if that's all that was between you and death in a worst case s.h.t.f. senario ?

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

yes I would eat what ever I had to.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Does not fish with big brother
    I have said it many times. A truly hungry person will eat just about anything.

Personally I have eaten bugs , bark grass, critters most look down there nose at. So I think in truly desperate times I could but I think eating my dog would be the hardest.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    tabasco?. . . check.
    Tapatio?. . .check.
    Siracha?. . . check.

Im sorry Eagle. . . what was you saying?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    tabasco?. . . check.
    Tapatio?. . .check.
    Siracha?. . . check.

Im sorry Eagle. . . what was you saying?
    Said ; I'll bring spices ;taters assorted vegetables for a nice soup or stew. Or maybe a ham or roast.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Probably, after serious deliberation over starving to death.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Staying alive

Yes, but Fortunately for me, i can work through the more conventional food type pets (chicken, rabbit) before i work my way up to breaking out the soy sauce for the cat or tabasco for the dog.

All of our animals are pets right now (we're nowhere near sufficiency stage), and some are more beloved than others. So I figure i can start at the bottom of the totem pole before we really get to critters we're attached to.

Just for record, the cat gets grilled before the puppy....... I heard something good about cat oil....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

I have actually gave this some thought. Not only pets and such, but other less than desierable food, bugs, ants, etc. I'm to the point, I think I would do what ever needed doing to survive. I have no doubt this would be tougher than most anything you can think of. But I also think the will to live will allow you to do what you have to.

I wouldn't eat my dog. I would have to make it through a herd of goats, about 50 chickens, rabbits, and then me and the dog would go hunting. He trees the squirrels, I shoot them. He jumps the rabbits, I shoot them.

I get along better with my dog then I do most humans.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

CC Gray Panther
    Everybody has a will to live. Some more than others and being who we are brought me to this point. Most people have no problem eating something nasty as they see it. Such as bugs ;worms; mice ; rats ; cats ;dogs ; grasshoppers ; ants and so on.
    But the majority draw the line at humans and rightful so in most cases ; but if a fresh body is between them and death in a worst case situation of shtf and they are to the point of living or dying in their choice. Many I've spoken with say how can you eat another human just like you.

I reply that man is an animal like all the others on earth. Just because he talks a language you understand makes him no better than any other animal ; For all animals communicate with each other just like man. It's not a place you ever want to be but to deny that it would ever happen and you'd have to make the choice is just hiding your head in the sand.