Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jury-rigging my Toy

For the Love of Cats

can you argue with your insurance company? around here they always low ball the first offer, and usually a stern "Are you fucking crazy?" will boost you closer to the midpoint of the value. argue again, if you have receipts and bills for recent work. Check out the local trader magazines as well. see what your vehicle is actually going for in the used market. it it is above 'book value' you can argue that too.

it costs you nothing to try, and may get you more money. Once their offer is made, they cannot go down, only up or stay the same.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I plan to, but honestly won't be pushing too hard. I talked it over with my dad last night, and given some of the other repairs I had pending anyway decided I'd just scrap the car and get something else. I did a little looking around, and they actually offered me full value for my car, minus the deductible, so I'm working on keeping my deductible too. I'm waiting on a call now.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!