Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF has happened, what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Yes, one of my many not-so-glorious jobs in the military is being the SME on NBC/CBRNE. I specialize in Nuclear weaponry and the effects of it. Most of the reading on it is about as dry as the Sahara on the 4th of July. Sorry about the overflow of information, I sometimes forget that im supposed to be a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal fanboi and my inner geek comes out!

- - - Updated - - -

In short, yes, the closer to the blast radius, the higher the exposure rate, the worse it is, hence dead bodies. And No. . .Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce will not help the taste or the effects it will have on your body if you consume the radiated flesh.
    What about if you marinate them in potassium iodide?
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Possom View Post
    What about if you marinate them in potassium iodide?
    Taste like crap for a marinade, sure it looks like Worcestershire sauce, but sure as hell doesnt taste like it.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Huh? Dude, ya really think there's gonna be a job? Oh yeah, never mind....forgot, you don't live in this country. Duh.
    lol. and my company does the majority of it's work off north american shores... and it would directly support the rebuilding of the infrastructure. So until you guys went all willy-nilly and started dropping nukes all over the world, My job would be busy busy busy.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I'm thinking a single non EMP detonation on the east coast wouldn't affect me a whole lot. Anyone outside of the general area would probably hear about it on the news, just like 9/11/01. With a nuke though, I would most likely load up and head to my secondary location in the sticks as soon as possible after hearing of it, just to be farther away from the major cities. You never know if it's a single attack or one in a series of orchestrated strikes.

EDIT: I think I would be more worried about repercussions by our own government rather than the actual effects of the attack itself. An event like that could be used to ram the next Patriot Act or NDAA type bill down our throats. It would be easy to justify to the sheeple in the name of safety. Never let a crisis go to waste...
    Last edited by MegaCPC; 11-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.

I see it as instant COG implementation and marshal law indefinitely. You would recognize anywhere in the USA by the next morning.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    lol. and my company does the majority of it's work off north american shores... and it would directly support the rebuilding of the infrastructure. So until you guys went all willy-nilly and started dropping nukes all over the world, My job would be busy busy busy.
    Guess we will be planning our vacation about that time and come visit you then?
    I apologize for nothing...

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, since the driving distance from me to DC is about 180 miles, based on Stormy's post, I won't have to do a thing.

Except provide night light service for roaches.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Yes, one of my many not-so-glorious jobs in the military is being the SME on NBC/CBRNE. I specialize in Nuclear weaponry and the effects of it. Most of the reading on it is about as dry as the Sahara on the 4th of July. Sorry about the overflow of information, I sometimes forget that im supposed to be a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal fanboi and my inner geek comes out!
    Being a SME on any topic requires a great deal of study and ability to have a deep understanding about the topic at hand. Having read a fair amount on Nuclear effects, measurments, and such, I have to totally agree with you. It is god awful dry and boring. I do appreceiate the info you posted though. i haven't ran across that info in anything I have read.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Theres a really "fun" animation that Dr Wellerstein came up with, thats actually one of the toys I use when I am giving a class, its called nukemap3d there are earlier versions just called nukemap, which I reccomend everyone download and try out in their area so they can have a basic idea of what fallout patterns may be, as well as finding out what your standoff distances need to be to major cities in your particular AO to be able to survive a nuclear detonation.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap3d/...fis=52&fang=45

I put the bomb at Knoxville, and made it a 10mt detonation, you can get a really good idea of fallout and height and width measurements of the mushroom cloud as well.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Guess we will be planning our vacation about that time and come visit you then?
    bring your own cats! they're a little scarce up here...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.