Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate ice

I hate ice

Well I am up this morning. Still no power. Most of the trees in my yard are down. You can constantly hear them breaking down in the pastures as well. Will probably be a couple of days before we get power back.

I have the generator running. Pellet stove on kicking out heat. Coffee pot making coffee. Could be worse I guess.

Will go take count on the livestock later. Hope they are all still alive.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Hang in there. Possum.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Just got done breaking ice off of my peach and plum trees, they were bent over pretty bad, but they're ok now, had to prop up my pomegranate trees with shovels, and broke lots of ice off of my front yard oaks so they won't break off or fall over. I can't afford $2000 to buy new oak trees, and these things are good size. We have an HOA, so I have to have 2 trees out front.

Weather man said 1/2" of ice here, BS! I've got at least 3-1/2". I can't see the grass, and the driveway is 3" of ice pellets so hard I can't dent it when walking on it.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sounds like you guys got hit pretty good, Im sure it goes without saying, if you need anything, just ask!

Any chance we can get some pictures of what its looking like down there? Ive never seen a "ice lawn" before!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

That sounds like it sucks a whole hell of a lot. Good luck, everyone.

Here's a pic of my house this am.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...pse445c76e.jpg

This is NOT snow. Solid ice
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Side yard

That's the only pic I can get to upload at the moment. Cell phone service is in and out. I guess the towers are either iced over or knocked down by falling trees.

We lost a bunch of trees today. The white you see isn't snow. It is ice. It rained here for a full day and froze on everything above ground level. Will probably be 3 or 4 days before we get electricity back.

I cut my way out of our county road (downed trees every 20ft or so) and went into town earlier. Looks a lot like it did in 2000. Whole county is out of power. My next door neighbor has his gas station open running off generators so we can at least get some gas for our generator if need be. Everything else is closed down here.

Gonna be a long weekend.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

For the Love of Cats

Ouch! I can commiserate guys. that ain't out of the norm for up here. nothing you can do about it, just deal with the mess after. should be good firewood to be had for a few years.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Ouch! I can commiserate guys. that ain't out of the norm for up here. nothing you can do about it, just deal with the mess after. should be good firewood to be had for a few years.
    Yep, I've got my eye on a mesquite tree that fell last night in the park across the street. It's been dead for a while, so I'm gonna team up with the neighbor and split the wood. BBQ wood coming my way.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Here in SW VA, were bracing for the storm coming to us Sunday.

Got plenty of propane for heat, enough gas right now for 40 hours of genny, etc.. etcc..

Im ready, bring it!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"