Thread: County extension offices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

County extension offices

Most every state has an extension service through one of its universities. For instance our extension office is ran through the university of Arkansas. Texas' extension service is through Texas A and M.

How many of you are in contact with your local county extension office? Extension homemakers? Master gardener's club? They are a wealth of knowledge on being more self sufficient.

Their normal focus is on educating children but welcome adults to participate as well. Either with a 4H group or by joining the homemakers or master gardner clubs themselves.

They do not focus on prepping in any way but they will teach you how to garden and preserve your harvest. so essentially they are doing the same thing without the name.

Something that might warrant a little research and possibly teach us all something new. Or rather something old that has been lost to our current generation.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We use our county extension office for many things. They have lots of information on everything.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I went to ours for first time earlier this year. They offer soil test so I went out there to pick up the form and some special boxes to ship the dirt to them. The local office will be hosting a honey bee coarse in a couple months that I plan to take. Its a great resource.

I'll most likely shit myself

I haven't been in touch with them, But that is going to change in 2014. I'll use every resource I can from them.